Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where have the decent people gone????

Old 05-26-2009, 07:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where have the decent people gone????

So I go to university in eastern canada, but home is out west (vancouver) because of time constraints I decided to have the jeep transported on a train out west for me, instead of driving it. I did this last september to bring it back east in the first place and didnt have any issues...

anyways after 2 weeks of waiting for my jeep I picked it up today, signed if off and took it home...on the way home i saw a reflection of the jeep in a window and thought something looks off.....turns out some as*hole decided to STEAL my 2 front fog lights from off my bumper!!! so somewhere in transit from toronto to vancouver my 2 KC's got ripped off....wiring, everything else is still there but the lights are gone. what is with people these days!! the nerve to do something like that, pretty brutal, needless to say i'm pissed....they wernt cheap lights (almost 300 for the set) and I doubt the company will cover them since they are "aftermarket" I'm supposed to make a claim with them tomorrow...we'll see how that goes

anyways just had to get it off my chest...heres a pic of my jeep and the KC lights that are no longer.....
Old 05-26-2009, 07:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

It shocks you that someone would steal your lights?? I don't know how it is where you live , but in some parts of New Jersey people ( well really scumbags ) would blow your head off if you look at them the wrong way. No values or morals are left today, there are still alot of decent people but nothing surprises me anymore!! It's the world we live in !!! Sorry about the lights , but your almost lucky they didn't take or damage anything else.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

That sucks! sorry to hear about the lights!
Old 05-26-2009, 07:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. Yea there are people with no morals nowadays. Its sad to hear but its true. Sorry about the lights... hope the transporting company covers it.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by HDFFR
It shocks you that someone would steal your lights?? I don't know how it is where you live , but in some parts of New Jersey people ( well really scumbags ) would blow your head off if you look at them the wrong way. No values or morals are left today, there are still alot of decent people but nothing surprises me anymore!! It's the world we live in !!! Sorry about the lights , but your almost lucky they didn't take or damage anything else.
o i know, but you would think leaving it in the hands of a well known company you would be alright.....
Old 05-27-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Hey Dave that completely blows... Most people have no respect for others any more.. They don't care how much time or money you put into your rig... They just see an easy item they can "pocket"

Was there any damage to the mounts, or did they take the time to use tools?
Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr
o i know, but you would think leaving it in the hands of a well known company you would be alright.....

CP Rail??? Well, with today's economy it does not surprise me....people stealing crap to get a little money in their pocket at the expense of decent people.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

Default Justice

"Mean people suck" rest assure, what goes around comes around. I enjoy catching a thief inside a residence, all bets are off (until their cuffed) and they know it ! With your loss, there is no resale for drugs, they were probably mounted on a Hummer. In my State you could file a claim successfully. Good luck.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Orangutan
"Mean people suck" rest assure, what goes around comes around. I enjoy catching a thief inside a residence, all bets are off (until their cuffed) and they know it ! With your loss, there is no resale for drugs, they were probably mounted on a Hummer. In my State you could file a claim successfully. Good luck.
well i wish it were like that here....seems as if they will not be covering the lights since they are aftermarket, and the deductible is 500$, so i'm out 300$ worth of lights just cause some jerk decided they would look good on their vehicle
Old 05-27-2009, 01:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Think of it this way, maybe some poor hobo is using your lights and an old car battery to keep his family warm in a cold boxcar. Your loss may be saving a life.

Quick Reply: Where have the decent people gone????