Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where have the decent people gone????

Old 05-27-2009, 02:19 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07Rubi2dr
So I go to university in eastern canada, but home is out west (vancouver) because of time constraints I decided to have the jeep transported on a train out west for me, instead of driving it. I did this last september to bring it back east in the first place and didnt have any issues...

anyways after 2 weeks of waiting for my jeep I picked it up today, signed if off and took it home...on the way home i saw a reflection of the jeep in a window and thought something looks off.....turns out some as*hole decided to STEAL my 2 front fog lights from off my bumper!!! so somewhere in transit from toronto to vancouver my 2 KC's got ripped off....wiring, everything else is still there but the lights are gone. what is with people these days!! the nerve to do something like that, pretty brutal, needless to say i'm pissed....they wernt cheap lights (almost 300 for the set) and I doubt the company will cover them since they are "aftermarket" I'm supposed to make a claim with them tomorrow...we'll see how that goes

anyways just had to get it off my chest...heres a pic of my jeep and the KC lights that are no longer.....
My bad earlier as I read this thread again. Unfortunately "signing off" on the Jeep probably released the company of any liability. Sorry for your loss.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:15 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That blows! I know how you feel. I got done putting my lift and tires on and some chick in a minivan too busy with her cell phone hit me. It looks like I'm going to eat replacing a $400+ wheel/tire because it's under my deductable. It definately sucks but you might as well just make peace with it and move on.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Orangutan
My bad earlier as I read this thread again. Unfortunately "signing off" on the Jeep probably released the company of any liability. Sorry for your loss.
I thought that as well, but that wasn't even an issue, the issue was the fact that its aftermarket, which sucks.

Originally Posted by Doc_D
That blows! I know how you feel. I got done putting my lift and tires on and some chick in a minivan too busy with her cell phone hit me. It looks like I'm going to eat replacing a $400+ wheel/tire because it's under my deductable. It definately sucks but you might as well just make peace with it and move on.
yea i know, still a bit bitter today though haha, being a student doesn't mean i have the cash to just replace 300$ lights, especially when i just shelled out for a soft top and rear bumper/tire carrier!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

That is awful man. What bastards. I was at taco bell yesterday and some dude walks in with a big gulp cup, fills it up and just leaves. I asked the manager if he wanted me to go kick the dude's butt and he said no don't worry about it, it happens all day every day here. What is wrong with people. On another note someone keyed a whole row of cars in my neighborhood and I live in a nice neighborhood...luckily I didn't have the jeep yet, but they got my old corrola across the trunk. Some people just suck these days!
Old 05-28-2009, 02:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry about the lights being stolen! But I do want to tell you that you have inspired me to use the windshield light bar that i have which is very similar to you have with the lights pointed down instead of up. I know it sucks to have your KC lights stolen but what you do have looks great!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RextheJeep
Sorry about the lights being stolen! But I do want to tell you that you have inspired me to use the windshield light bar that i have which is very similar to you have with the lights pointed down instead of up. I know it sucks to have your KC lights stolen but what you do have looks great!
which light bar is this? I haven't seen any that are even remotely similar to the one i built yet, I would be curious!
Old 05-29-2009, 05:43 PM
JK Newbie

Sorry about your loss, that sucks!
Old 05-31-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

That really sucks!! Nice looking Jeep though!!

My wife wonders why my Rubi. is in the garage every night? Here truck has been rifled through multiple times.

People can really suck!!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:26 AM
JK Junkie

That really sucks, I hate the fact that I'm always worried about someone busting a window and helping themselves to the stuff I bought with money I earned working 60+ hours a week
Old 05-31-2009, 03:17 PM
JK Freak

I suspect a short little shyt is the culprit, other wise the one's up top would be gone too.

Quick Reply: Where have the decent people gone????