Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why do people buy Jeeps, sink a ton of money into them and then sell them?

Old 10-27-2014, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plethora of reasons.

People pore tons of money into a JK and then realize they don't want to completely devalue it by actually using it for what it was built for

or

life gets in the way

or

They finance the mods and then realize the mistake

etc...
Old 11-02-2014, 06:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love this post.

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
For me it's mental health therapy.

I don't consider the mods a pain in the ass. I plan my mods knowing what my frustration level will be. Hence, the reason most of my mods are just bolt on.

I deal with seasonal disorder and every year it gets a little worse.

I purchase parts all summer long and don't touch them til fall. I spend my free time in the garage during the winter.

I have owned and modded 5 fox body Mustangs, 2 fourth gen Z28s, a Harley, and 2 classic Chevy trucks.

When I sell them, most times I lose money and sometimes I make money.

But......

I always look back and realize I enjoyed working on them, but the best part is knowing they kept me from going Ape-shit on some of the rude, stupid, or inconsiderate pricks I run across during the course of my life.

Someday, someone will get a really nice , well kept, 2010 JKU Sport, and I won't be in the psych ward because of it👍
Old 11-02-2014, 07:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, if it happened to me it would because my wife found out how much I REALLY spent on the thing and either kick me out or make me sell it.

Would be a tough decision.

Quick Reply: Why do people buy Jeeps, sink a ton of money into them and then sell them?