Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Dusty interior

Old 06-02-2008, 06:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dusty interior

I have noticed that I get a lot of dust from my seats and also from the carpeting in my vehicle which is only 15 weeks old and I have carried nothing in it.
This past weekend I decided to wash the interion and to my suprise the dirt that came out of a relatively new vehicle was quite a suprise .Amazing how much factory dust came with this vehicle and who knows what is in all that dust.
Talk about allergies.

Just wondering if any one else noticesd this ?

Tony
Old 06-02-2008, 06:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I noticed mine came with a little bit of dust from the dealer. I quickly covered it up with RED CLAY dust at Uwharries though. I figured that would kill just about anything that I'm alergic to. All the mud splatters inside from trailriding with no top kinda dry out and start dusting the inside quite a bit. I'm just trying to find a vacuum cleaner attachment that won't scratch the dang cheap plastic. lol
Old 06-02-2008, 06:47 AM
JK Junkie

Maybe it was an up grade and you paid extra for it... I had to go get my own dust and dirt that I still cant get out... But then again I dont have a top on and the doors are off..... Wow... are jeeps not supposed to be dusty and dirty.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:22 AM
JK Junkie

To get dust cleaned up I first wipe everything down to get the excessive dust, then use the blower tip in the air compressor hose to blow off the seats, carpet, all the little hiding places, etc; then vaccum everything, and one last wipe down.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mrktwatchr
I have noticed that I get a lot of dust from my seats and also from the carpeting in my vehicle which is only 15 weeks old and I have carried nothing in it.
This past weekend I decided to wash the interion and to my suprise the dirt that came out of a relatively new vehicle was quite a suprise .Amazing how much factory dust came with this vehicle and who knows what is in all that dust.
Talk about allergies.

Just wondering if any one else noticesd this ?

Tony
Dude when mine was less than 15 weeks old I drove like a bat out of hell down a dirt road topless and doorless just so I could slam on brakes and have a dust cloud around the jeep. I still have dust from that trip on the dash and other places. I guess I need to pull the carpet and rinse the sand out though as it is chock full of same including some I spilled in it this weekend from a bag that broke.

Quick Reply: Dusty interior