Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wives say the darndest things

Old 06-18-2008, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wives say the darndest things

Well I am getting ready to leave this desert for mid tour leave and go back home to see my Jeep and my wife. I called her the other day and she said she was going to drive the Jeep, but she doesnt like to drive it because it sits too high and she has a rough time getting in and out of it. She said she wanted to get some "side steps" and grab handles. I went ahead and ordered some grab handles and set of Rugged Ridge Side Step Bars. I think I may have to call my wife more often if she is going to get into the mood of allowing me to spend more money on Jeep Parts. Anybody else's old lady tell them anything like that?
Old 06-18-2008, 09:33 PM
JK Newbie

I bought my first wife a drill and a jig saw for Christmas. I was just a Lance Corporal and didnt have much money so we bought stuff we could use. She got me a new microwave.
The following users liked this post:
Orazi (04-07-2020)
Old 06-18-2008, 10:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by toad
Does it count that for our 8th anniversary we are giving each other an sPod?
THAT is beautiful.
Old 06-19-2008, 02:34 AM
JK Jedi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So are you coming to visit the Jeep and the Wife, or your Wife and the Jeep?
Old 06-19-2008, 02:39 AM
JK Newbie

Well the wife will pick me up at the airport, maybe she will bring the Jeep. I am coming to vist both. I got my Jeep on the 4th of November 2006, then left it in Aug 2007. I miss my wife, I miss my Jeep, it will be nice to spend time with both!
Old 06-19-2008, 02:41 AM
JK Newbie

Default Goes the other way too

Ya know hubby's do it too. Around mom's day we started talking about jeeps, for mom's day he worked out a deal for a wrangler X, then in June on my birthday found some steps which would make it easier for me and save the side of the jeep from bangs. Now it's gotta have larger tires, and oh tow hooks are in the works. And this is my jeep. I'll just let him keep on going until the purse cant handle it anymore.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:19 AM
JK Newbie

Well Momma T, sounds like he is going to enjoy the Jeep just as much as you. BTW, I grew up in South East Kansas.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Hey Killeen I am not too far from you up here at Dyess AFB in Abilene, about 3 hours. When I was on my last tour my wife had a bad car accident, thank the good Lord Jesus she and my son were alright, my dog broke its leg... Anyway to make a long story short, she said we need a new car and she suggested the 4 door Jeep I would not stop talking about. When it was all said and done I bought a Rubicon Unlimited... Saved a few thousand by ordering it in the desert... and all facets of my life are now in line.

I have got myself a Keeper as well.
Old 06-19-2008, 05:16 AM
JK Newbie

It's stories like these that really warm my heart!! My wifes suggestions were 35's and new rims after I showed her pics on here. Of course she then needed the grab handles and side steps as well. She's a little obsessive about the little things so I made a point to show her how my axles shifted slightly after the lift........"How can you fix that?" I explained what track bars do and she said "well those are a must" Damn I love her! Adjustable track bars are on the way!
And to the OP Welcome home, enjoy your stay! And thank you for your service!
Old 06-19-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

My wife and girls got me Staun Tire Deflators for Fathers Day, think she needs to step it up though, maybe I should forward her this thread

Quick Reply: Wives say the darndest things