JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Woo hoo! New Jeep! (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/woo-hoo-new-jeep-17201/)

Lucas718 10-03-2007 04:35 AM

Woo hoo! New Jeep!

Oh Yeah!!!!

After hanging out on this forum for months and collecting all sorts of info and trying to decide between 2-door, 4-door, the new Liberty, or something else, I finally joined the ranks of the JK owners and I'm loving it!

Got a Fire Red Unlimited X, 6 sp, 23S package, hard top, 17" aluminum wheels. No power package though, but so far I don't miss it. The thing feels like I'm driving a tank. It's huge.

The dealership was great. I inquired about a black X they had on their website, they got back to me within an hour to say that it was sold but wanted to know what options I wanted. I told him and he said he'd look around and find a few on other lots and I could come in and pick the one I wanted. So I go in and pick one, it happened to be in Philly (I'm in Baltimore). So they send someone out to get it for me. A few hours later I'm driving around in a new Jeep with the front panels off and a big smile on my face - even got a couple of waves from other Jeepers! They gave me a fair price on the trade and $600 over invoice on the JK. I even sprung for the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty just in case some of the problems I've been reading about pop up.

Man, this thing is sweet. Now I understand. First mod will be to drill the mirrors tonight when I get home.

Jeepin Dad 10-03-2007 06:28 AM

Congrats on the Jeep, you should come up to Rausch Creek the 13th with the rest of us JKers.

Oh by the way :worthless:

BaltChief 10-03-2007 06:47 AM

Congrats man.......

Lucas718 10-03-2007 07:42 AM

I'll have to get a pic posted when the galleries are available. All I have is a crappy cell phone pic at the moment.

SLICKWILL 10-03-2007 07:47 AM

congrats enjoy!!

eng23inelt 10-03-2007 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lucas718 (Post 193548)
Oh Yeah!!!!

After hanging out on this forum for months and collecting all sorts of info and trying to decide between 2-door, 4-door, the new Liberty, or something else, I finally joined the ranks of the JK owners and I'm loving it!

Got a Fire Red Unlimited X, 6 sp, 23S package, hard top, 17" aluminum wheels. No power package though, but so far I don't miss it. The thing feels like I'm driving a tank. It's huge.

The dealership was great. I inquired about a black X they had on their website, they got back to me within an hour to say that it was sold but wanted to know what options I wanted. I told him and he said he'd look around and find a few on other lots and I could come in and pick the one I wanted. So I go in and pick one, it happened to be in Philly (I'm in Baltimore). So they send someone out to get it for me. A few hours later I'm driving around in a new Jeep with the front panels off and a big smile on my face - even got a couple of waves from other Jeepers! They gave me a fair price on the trade and $600 over invoice on the JK. I even sprung for the lifetime bumper to bumper warranty just in case some of the problems I've been reading about pop up.

Man, this thing is sweet. Now I understand. First mod will be to drill the mirrors tonight when I get home.

Congrats!!!! Just remember that in owning a Jeep fun is standard but pavement is optional!!!:yup: :2thumbs: :clap: :driving: And don't forget to wave :standing wave:

VOLJEEPX 10-03-2007 08:54 AM

Congrats and I hope you enjoy it!:thumbs:

Sgt P 10-03-2007 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lucas718 (Post 193758)
All I have is a crappy cell phone pic at the moment.

Post the "crappy cell phone pic", so we can say "Nice Jeep, but crappy cell phone pic!"

Welcome to obsession...

FzyPchz 10-03-2007 02:24 PM

Congratulations!!! :clap: :clap: Now let the modding begin!!!!

Lucas718 10-03-2007 04:05 PM

As promised, the obligatory crappy cellphone pic...

http://my.project-jk.com/data/500/100207_18221.jpg