Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

wrangler is 14th best off road suv.......wtf?!

Old 09-14-2011, 11:52 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
Sad thing is alot of people will buy those vehicles thinking they are real 4x4's. What a crock. Anyone else notice there was no category for "Off Road" capability even though thats what the whole thing is about. I wonder how much Ford payed US News.
Even Wrangler sells to a lot of owners who just want a fashion statement. I think only a tiny percentage of newer Wranglers ever make to the trail.

Most 4WD owners are only concerned with getting to the main road when it snows. The ranking is obviously about those people, not off-roaders.

Whats really strange is the comments about road manners. My new JK has great road manners. The wife and I were both pleasantly surprised how nice it is on the road. If the JK has terrible road manners then other SUV owners must be very spoiled indeed.

Except for the very high-end SUVs (Porsche, Caddilac, Land Rover, and the lke), I'd bet other SUVs are just better at hiding their on-road deficiencies because they really don't handle very well.

Quick Reply: wrangler is 14th best off road suv.......wtf?!