Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wrangler Worst Valued Vehicle - Consumer Reports

Old 12-29-2014, 01:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spicoli
Personally I prefer to have minimal electronic technology in my vehicles, because that is always what goes wrong. German cars are great vehicles, but their electronics are always not functioning properly - over engineered comfort features IMO.
Im with you. I had a mustang fully loaded and had problems with every electrical function you can imagine. (Might have been my fault with the tuner and chip) the jeep has no luxuries and I'm actually happier with it. It's not as comfortable but I enjoy it ten times more than the mustang.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:01 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by wcjeep
We are in the process of Lemon Law with her Cherokee Trail Hawk. The JK is using old technology. No reason to justify the current price. There is nothing cutting edge about the JK. This probably contributes to the bad CR listing. Consumer Reports is only a minor tech reference. However, this thread is discussing the CR listing.

After the significant problems with her Trailhawk it's time to move away from Chrysler as a daily driver. As a toy, the JK makes a great foundation. As with all Jeeps the price should be free. The upgrades are expensive.
You won't find much sympathy from us. Most of us enjoy the JK for its offroad capability and what it does for us as a vehicle, overall.

Good luck with whatever car you buy instead..
Old 12-29-2014, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

A lot of great comments in this thread. For me, I bought my jeep, (3rd) because I love the vehicle. Not trying to rehash, but you don't buy a Jeep for mpg, comfort ride, latest tech, CR recommendation. Least I didn't. I've done some mods, nothing insane, but when I go to get in my Jeep, I smile. Rambled enough, back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:57 PM
JK Newbie

I've owned 2 jeeps, a TJ and my current ride a 2010 JKU.... Both jeeps, I personally put over 75K miles on and never did any mechanical work to at all (even with moderate wheeling).

Moreover, I traded the TJ in on my new 2010 at 10 years of age and 160K miles and got $8500 for it....

Find a Camry 10 yo w/ 160K (3x the options, of a jeep) that anybody in their right mind would pay $8500 for!

Just saying....
Old 12-31-2014, 10:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I love my jeep but they're built shitty. For god sakes they come with the wrong suspension bolts. How many people here have almost killed themselves and everyone on the road from death wobble, which Chrysler refuses to acknowledge? Jeeps catching on fire and stuff. I am mechanically able so I can deal with this stuff but man the build quality sucks ass. And still I love it. My second one.
Old 01-18-2015, 10:35 AM
JK Newbie

My JK is plain and "low tech".........Just the way I want it. My pickup truck has an 8" screen, nav, Bluetooth, heated/cooled leather 10 way power seats, 110V outlet, 4 USB ports, an SD card slot, and just about all the creature comforts you could desire. But when driving down the highway, I need to take my eyes off the road and stare at the dash to find where the buttons are to do what I want. It's a royal pain......
In the JK, it's grab the dial and turn. Easy.......simple......
The JK gives a rougher ride than the truck, but that's expected, since the truck has a 13' wheelbase.
If I had to keep only one vehicle, it would be the JK.
Old 01-18-2015, 01:08 PM
JK Super Freak

Consumer reports...bla bla bla I will use them for my next blender purchase not my next Jeep Wrangler purchase.

Old 01-18-2015, 03:15 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by webejeepin
Consumer reports...bla bla bla I will use them for my next blender purchase not my next Jeep Wrangler purchase.

Exactly. 9 10
Old 01-18-2015, 10:44 PM
JK Newbie

I've wanted a Jeep since I was a little kid playing with Stompers. I bought the Jeep because it's a Jeep just like I bought my Challenger because it's a Challenger. I could give a rats ass what any ratings magazine gave either one.

Quick Reply: Wrangler Worst Valued Vehicle - Consumer Reports