Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

www.4wd.com

Old 11-09-2007, 06:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default www.4wd.com

Anyone have feedback from this company? Good/bad. I live 5 miles from them. good deals on scratch and dent. I think there prices are fare. They also give 10% discount to Military. Wonder if it includes retired/active/nonactive?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:08 PM
JK Jedi Master

4wd.com is a Project-JK sponsor, but I have heard mixed reviews about their service. Some good and some bad. If they are only 5 miles away I would go visit them and see how you feel about that particular store and see what kind of specials they have going.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:10 PM
JK Newbie

make sure you get confirmation they have what you want in stock or an exact ship date from different people if youre on a time crunch. other than that knowledge, prices and selection are good. you might also look at another vendor on the site Northridge. i was screwed over a couple of times saying "you will have it on a certain day. then after calling and checking a couple of times finally getting an answer it will be in a month or two. nuff said orders were canceled.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brad1161
Anyone have feedback from this company? Good/bad. I live 5 miles from them. good deals on scratch and dent. I think there prices are fare. They also give 10% discount to Military. Wonder if it includes retired/active/nonactive?
I've been to their store and have bought from them many times. I have had absolutley 0 problems with them. What kind of mixed reviews are we talking about here?
Old 11-09-2007, 06:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Smoke6
I've been to their store and have bought from them many times. I have had absolutley 0 problems with them. What kind of mixed reviews are we talking about here?
I have had both good and bad experiences, mostly not good. As of late they seem to be improving at the store near me.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

I ordered seat covers for my 2 door JK and was sent 4 door ones, My front seat covers were ripped. So I sent both front and rear back.. a few weeks later I get the new rear seat cover.... and the RIPPED FRONT ONES BACK!!???!
Old 11-09-2007, 06:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nycauburn
make sure you get confirmation they have what you want in stock or an exact ship date from different people if youre on a time crunch. other than that knowledge, prices and selection are good. you might also look at another vendor on the site Northridge. i was screwed over a couple of times saying "you will have it on a certain day. then after calling and checking a couple of times finally getting an answer it will be in a month or two. nuff said orders were canceled.
He lives 5 miles away. I think we can rule out shipping problems.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have never gotten an item at the store 2 miles from my house that was in stock at the time. Shipping problems. In the form of items never getting delivered or only after repeated phone calls and follow ups. Like I said before they are getting better, my last order was delivered promptly. But in store JK items are nil at my local store. Unfortunately only game in town and I dont shop online.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:38 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bad experience with 4wd...

I ordered some wheels from 4wd.com and they charged my credit card when they didn't have the items in stock or even know when they would ship them. Days turned into weeks, so I cancelled. Other vendors like Quadratec will not charge your credit card until the item is shipped. That is why I stay with them and won't order from 4wd.com. I never got an update while waiting for my order and the salespeople sounded disgusted every time I inquired about my $550 order.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

I placed a large order with them shortly before my Jeep arrived. Everything arrived (including free KC brackets, free Smittybilt rear seat covers, and free 4th ProComp wheel) within 5 days except for the PureJeep stubby front bumper. When I called about the bumper the CS rep, Judy, said she'd check into it and called me back the next morning to inform me that it would be about 3 weeks before it would ship. No worries as I'm in no hurry to receive it.

When I went to install the KC slimlites I found that the wrong brackets had been sent. I immediately phoned (after hours) and left a message along with an email stating that I NEEDED these brackets ASAP and that I'd ship the TJ ones that had been sent at the same time. Judy called when she got in the next morning and said she'd ship the correct brackets that day and they arrived one day later. 4WD faxed me a UPS postage paid label to return the other brackets. I'm pretty understanding about mistakes so long as they are dealt with properly. I was very impressed with how Judy handled this issue and would have no problem recommending 4WD.com to anyone based on MY experiences with them.

Added 11/13 - Just found out that my dumb a$$ originally ordered the wrong KC brackets so that wasn't 4wd's fault.

Last edited by Anhedrew; 11-13-2007 at 11:43 AM.

Quick Reply: www.4wd.com