Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Yeah, Banned from WAL Website

Old 04-24-2016, 11:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
eh... so what.

Yeah, you're right. Shouldn't have wasted the time or space. Sometimes you get so aggravated and need to vent. Should have taken it to the punching bag in the basement instead.
Old 04-24-2016, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

I was wondering when/where this WAL website sprouted up. Makes sense now. I was tempted to join, but now that I know their origins I'll likely not waste my time, since I know I'll likely post a link to one of their non sponsors trying to be helpful to other members and then unintentionally get slapped on the wrist. This site had reached that point for me to leave before the sale, after the sale the mods seemed much more reasonable, so I decided to stick around.

I really hate forums where you have to feel like you're walking on egg shells anytime you post something be it in the manner you say it, or in that you're supposed to know every forum sponsor and only post "Positive" information in regards to their products and never mention a competitor. Like no one has ever heard of Google before and could get the same information being posted in most cases anyway.

When I 1st purchased my JK I was looking for a forum to join. I had read many bad things about JK-forum.com of how strict they were in regards to posting anything in regards to a non forum sponsor where I was advised to join JKOwners instead. My main intent was to learn more about lifts and suspensions which I knew nothing about but had an interest in learning more and figured while I was there I could contribute on topics that I am familiar with which are electronics and audio systems. I'm an EE who works in the development of OEM and aftermarket audio systems and have more insight than the average JK owner in these areas. While I was a member of JKOwners I had made a few write-ups on how to go about modifying your OEM audio system in an effort to be more helpful to other members who had interests in such information. I ended up getting criticized for trying to be helpful by a mod named "Sarge". Come to find out Sarge was a relative of one of the JKOwner's forum founders and it was pretty easy to get on Sarge's bad side. Sarge comes off as an uneducated redneck where if you are talking about lights and other electronics, and not lifts you pretty much have a target on your forehead for Sarge's criticism. After such criticism took place on one of my threads of trying to be helpful, I decided enough was enough and just took all by posted information down since it seems it was unwanted and said "See ya". In his typical type A personality fashion, Sarge then banned me from JKOwners for pulling my information down after other members posted their objections to me taking down the information I posted. So yeah, JKOwners banned me after I decided to leave.

I did experience some of the non sponsor info posting slaps when I 1st joined JK-forum.com but dealt with working around it. It wasn't as bad as I had anticipated but it did get pretty bad just prior to the sale. So, now that I know the origins of WAL, I know what to expect and will continue to avoid it. My viewpoint is that forums tend to lose their value if forum members are limited to posting positive information in regards to their sponsors products, nothing negative and nothing good about competitor non forum sponsor products. In politics that's basically a form of communism and I enjoy my 1st amendment freedom of speech and information. So I tend to join forums which encourage the 1st amendment and not promote justifications to discourage it by limiting what information can and can't be posted. I now know the majority of the information on WAL is likely not credible and limited information at best.

Last edited by Rednroll; 04-24-2016 at 01:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2016, 02:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the privilege of banning one of Eddie's moderators on this forum. He wanted to ban me once for posting about a non-sponsor and was very ugly in a PM to me. I just ignored his message and that made him madder. Once IB purchased jk-forum, this person wasn't on-board with the new freedom that members were allowed. He was so angry, that he asked me to ban him, which I politely did.

We welcome open dialogue on this forum and everyone's opinion matters. We ask that you treat people with dignity and respect and keep your comments PG since we have members as young as 14 years old. Pretty simple!!

Thanks and happy Jeeping!!
Old 04-24-2016, 03:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome to a better forum . I read that mess and agreed with you 100%
Old 04-24-2016, 03:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I can't believe he is still getting thread time.
Old 04-24-2016, 05:54 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by scooby snacks
... We welcome open dialogue on this forum and everyone's opinion matters. We ask that you treat people with dignity and respect and keep your comments PG since we have members as young as 14 years old. ...
Perfectly reasonable request, and I guess why I still hang around here.
Old 04-24-2016, 06:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I was banned from JKOwners a while back. Was using a different screen name then. I choose to not go into it.

That's when I stumbled upon JK-Forum and JKFreaks. I get a lot of good information here and there. Never joined Not-My-Way-A-Life because I heard about the history.

There is a decent contingent of JKFreaks in the NE Ohio area, although they have members from all over. Apparently when Eddiot still owned this forum, he went on a ban rampage and banned a whole slew of folks from this area. I guess that's how JKFreaks was originally started. LOL! But being from Cleveland, it's nice to be able to meet some of these guys face-to-face.

I find both of these forums to be very helpful.
Old 04-24-2016, 08:34 PM
JK Jedi

Welcome to the ban club you can find my thread under JEEK lol
Old 04-24-2016, 08:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I banned my self because I don't like all the BS
Old 04-24-2016, 10:02 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Jeek.OlllllllO
Welcome to the ban club you can find my thread under JEEK lol
So I was bored and decided to look it up and found brankz thread first along with a bunch of other completely hilarious rant threads about the ridiculous rules over there.

I'm not going to bash anybody I've learned a whole lot from a lot of all of these folks. But I too was sent warnings of banning and censorship, for simply asking questions or speaking in the third person. It's good what is being done, but at what cost.

Especially censorship and quote control over what people's experiences are, and what direction they're going due to their budget, is heinous.

Quick Reply: Yeah, Banned from WAL Website