Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

2007 Moab Easter Jeep Safari Recap Pics

Old 04-14-2007, 03:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up 2007 Moab Easter Jeep Safari Recap Pics

Okay, I had been meaning to do this recap a lot sooner but unfortunately, I had been spending my whole week digging out from being away for so long. Anyway, here's a quick "best of" photo recap of our 2007 Moab Easter Jeep Safari trip. If you want to see more pics, simply click on the pics and you will be redirected to the complete photo gallery from which they came from.

Day 1 - Area BFE The Rock 4 Trail Event
This is a shot of Greg Perk effortlessly climbing over an obstical that previously dumped a buggy on its lid and forced several highly modified TJ's to go around:

Day 2AM - Area BFE Primedia Event
Of all the JK's I saw over at the Primedia event, this Skunkwerks creation really caught my eye for its simplicity and functional build:

Day 2PM - Metal Masher Trail Run
This is a shot of wayoflifette a second after she climbed up and over this tall step on Metal Masher that forced other highly modified TJ's go go around and caused a drive shaft break on a YJ.

Day 3AM - Moab Easter Jeep Safari Display
We started off our day checking out the official Jeep display in town and among other things, got stuck checking out this beauty:

Day 3PM - Day Off Trip to the Canyonlands National Park
For our day off, we decided to do something a bit easier and so this is a shot of our JK near the stunning Colorado River overlook in the Canyonlands National Park.

Day 4 - Moab Easter Jeep Safari Vendor Show
Now, I'll have to tell you that I haven't seen more hooked up JK with new products since SEMA but of all the JK's I saw, this is the one that really caught my eye:

Day 5 - Photo Shoot on the Moab Rim Trail
Here's a few new shots that we just uploaded that were taken during a magazine photo shoot up on the Moab Rim Trail:

During the shoot, we ran into Erockhopper and took a few shots of his awesome JK as well:

And yes, that is a steep cliff behind Erockhopper with the Colorado River down below

As I said before, if you want to see more pics, please click on the images above as they will redirect you to the complete photo gallery from which they came from.

Old 04-14-2007, 03:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done the Moab Rim Trail in my TJ a couple of times and I don't remember Devil's Crack being that big! Maybe because I'm trying to envision my shiny new JK going up and worrying a little more!
Old 04-14-2007, 04:10 PM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like you guys had a great time. Thanks for taking so many pics, I enjoyed looking at them. Hopefully I will be able to make out to moab soon.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:19 PM
JK Freak

Smile

Nice pictures, I will get more of mine up tomorrow. Papabear
Old 04-14-2007, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Just FYI, I will be going to the Werock Competition in Globe (AZ) tomorrow. I will post some pix of it when I get back.

BTW, thanks for the recap. I like pic #8. Thanks Eddie.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:46 PM
JK Super Freak

Awww never mind, I already missed it.:sad: I was looking at the dates for Hannibal, MO
Old 04-15-2007, 08:19 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by kidjeep
I've done the Moab Rim Trail in my TJ a couple of times and I don't remember Devil's Crack being that big! Maybe because I'm trying to envision my shiny new JK going up and worrying a little more!
LOL!!! It's hard for me to say for sure as this was my first time up but it seemed pretty big to me. Granted, trails change every year and I've been told that Moab did get a lot of water last year. Certainly, other trails that I had run before and that I ran on this trip were very different.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:20 AM
JK-Forum Founder

BTW, thanks for the recap. I like pic #8. Thanks Eddie.
Yeah, that's one of my favorites too. I have to say, one of the things I really like about the Full Traction 3" Ultimate lift is how flexible it is on the trail

Last edited by wayoflifette; 02-02-2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
Yeah, that's one of my favorites too. I have to say, one of the things I really like about the Full Traction 3" Ultimate lift is how flexible it is on the trail
wayoflife did you get alot of rubbing with full flex? Oh and awsome looking jeep
Old 04-15-2007, 06:19 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Originally Posted by low4life
wayoflife did you get alot of rubbing with full flex? Oh and awsome looking jeep
Nothing in the rear but I did get some rubbing up front at a full stuff and with the wheels turned. But, for the amount of crazy flex I was getting, I'd be surprised if I didn't get some rubbing. Anyway, I'm sure just a tiny bit more bumpstop extension would have prevented it.

Quick Reply: 2007 Moab Easter Jeep Safari Recap Pics