Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Attempting Rock Garden at Superlift

Old 12-06-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are those tires fairly new (not broken in)? Man they didnt seem to flex at all. I was thinking about running the toyo MTs as my next tire but this video scares me. Your Jeep looks like it is set up about how mine will be too. Also its hard to tell from the video but is the obstacle steeper then it appears?

Rob
Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob 12B1P
Are those tires fairly new (not broken in)? Man they didnt seem to flex at all. I was thinking about running the toyo MTs as my next tire but this video scares me. Your Jeep looks like it is set up about how mine will be too. Also its hard to tell from the video but is the obstacle steeper then it appears?

Rob
The tires have about 15k on them, and the tread still appears new. They grip great, and I think they are the best tire on the market. However, those rocks are always pretty slick and it is a lot steeper than it appears. Whenever they do wear down, I'll go to 37s, but will definitely stick to Toyos.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 PM
JK Newbie

The problem was you were trying to climb both rears ldat the same time, should have came a different angle and you would have made it up, also need to learn how to drive with both feet, one on the gas the other on the break
Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brent.Wiebke
The problem was you were trying to climb both rears ldat the same time, should have came a different angle and you would have made it up, also need to learn how to drive with both feet, one on the gas the other on the break
It's a little more challenging he was driving a manual

Quick Reply: Attempting Rock Garden at Superlift