Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Badge of Honor Trails Vision Quest

Old 10-12-2018, 08:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Badge of Honor Trails Vision Quest

Hey guys,

So I've recently learned about the Badge of Honor Trail app for iOS and it's launched me into a new Jeep Life goal... I want to attempt every trail listed on the app (really tempted to create a vlog for this quest).
I'm currently in SoCal for about the next year so I'm looking to get Pinyon Mountain, Holcomb Creek, Gold Mountain, and John Bull accomplished before I leave this area.

My JKU is a Sport so I lack lockers and have the 3.21 gear ration. I recently put on a 2-2.5in of lift and currently 30in A/T tires (plan on going with 33s or 35s when I wear these down enough). I have Rubi rock rails for protection and am looking for a good deal on a winch this Black Friday to give myself some recovery ability.
I'm relatively new to wheeling, I've spent the last 18 months driving some OHV areas, truck trails, and forest service roads in San Diego, San Bernardino, and Yosemite areas. I've challenged myself as much as I can but am somewhat conservative due to my JKU being my daily driver and occasionally wheeling alone and (un)afraid.

Questions:
Anyone have minimum build recommendations for these or most trails?
Anyone have experience recommendations for these trails?
Any of these trails seem possible to do now without risking my jeep or limb/life?

I'd like to hear everyone's wisdom on this?
Old 10-15-2018, 09:28 PM
JK Super Freak
FJOTM Winner

Received 210 Likes on 197 Posts

You will have some trails that are on there that really are Hard- hard trails... Pritchett Canyon, Dusy Ershim, Rubicon... you might want to have 37's and heavy axles and lockers on both ends for the most difficult trails. It the goal is to just be "on them"... not to finish them... you should be able to get in some distance on all of them.

For me... I'm not checking in until I'm near the end of the trail... I have 7 badges and it took me 4 years to get them, so don't worry... I won't beat you to getting them all.

Last edited by Sunnysideup; 10-15-2018 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 07:20 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks Sunnysideup! I would like to complete them so it looks like I've got a lot of building to do. Btw the rig looks great.
Old 12-13-2018, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

The first one. In January I plan on doing Gold Mountain starting north and heading down hill.
Old 01-13-2019, 02:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure about the eastern trails but I'll assume the western trails will be just as demanding, so you will be able to get most of them with 35's. Pritchett Canyon might be one the hardest on the list of badges and probably harder then the Rubicon.
Lockers would be required on the harder trails.

Since 2011 I've been signing in as best I could. The system hasn't been verify reliable. In fact it took over a year to get the Top of World badge and almost 2 years and two attempts to finally get the Poison Spider Badge and I also had to email the program a few times to finally get the Poison Spider Badge. They are good at responding. So as you venture on these trails don't give up on the badges.

Old 01-15-2019, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

That collection is impressive, @JK-jeepit. Thank you for the info, I definitely need to do some modifications to get to a place where I can complete a lot of trails (learned that on Pinyon Mountain). How long did it take you to hit all of those Moab Trails? I'll be moving back east next fall and plan on hitting Moab and Telluride on my way there.
Old 01-23-2019, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SporticonJKU
That collection is impressive, @JK-jeepit. Thank you for the info, I definitely need to do some modifications to get to a place where I can complete a lot of trails (learned that on Pinyon Mountain). How long did it take you to hit all of those Moab Trails? I'll be moving back east next fall and plan on hitting Moab and Telluride on my way there.
Since 2011 we go to Moab once or twice a year, Steel Bender and Elephant Hill are the only ones we've only done once. Poison Spider was the hardest badge to get due to the programs issue (I now have two due to the program issues) but it's the one we have run the most. Ran it 6 times mainly because it's part of the trifecta trail, Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold Bar.
Elephant Hill was the hardest to sign in on due to Verizon has very limited service close enough to the trail. If you do Elephant Hill and get 2-3 bars stop until your signed in because that's is good as it gets,, via Verizon anyhow 3 yrs ago. Elephant hill also requires a permit from the Canyon Lands. They limit the number of vehicles per day.
Old 01-25-2019, 03:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Pritchett Canyon can not be done without lockers
just youtube Chewy, Rocker Knocker, and Axle Hill
there is no bypass's in there
Old 08-13-2019, 12:47 AM
JK Newbie

Default Badge of Honor Trails Vision Quest

John and I rode it over Easter weekend during a dry spell and we were able to ride maybe 65 percent of the trails. The dry season is finally here and the trails are about as good as they get.

Quick Reply: Badge of Honor Trails Vision Quest