Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Black Bear in September

Old 08-20-2018, 04:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Bear in September

Heading to SW Colorado in mid September. Need some information on if Black Bear and Imogene are typically open that time of year. I see the Wells book mentions Sept is still good but just would like confirmation from regulars. Thanks
Old 08-20-2018, 06:20 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,825 Likes on 1,595 Posts

I just ran Imogene a week and a half ago on the way home from Moab. Hopefully things clear up a bit for you. It was so hazy out in Moab and western Colorado from all the fires. The panoramic picturesque views were a bit lacking

Last edited by resharp001; 08-21-2018 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-22-2018, 06:12 PM
JK Newbie

I have run Imogene on 4-wheelers in past years in Sept. I think it will be open unless some rock side or mud side or lots of snow. Last time I ran it in Sept there was snow at the top and wind was strong (50-60mph) which had downed trees on the trail which we cleared with winch. Others I have talked to have said the weather was just great and it was beautiful so I guess you won't know until you get out there. I hope it works out for you as it is such a beautiful area and the trails are great.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks guys. We are spending time in Moab too and I didn't even think about the fires. We are def going so it will be what it will be.

Quick Reply: Black Bear in September