Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

long trip

Old 05-24-2017, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default long trip

Just got back from a long trip put 1000 miles on our JK Unlimited in one day. heard about all the bouncing and being uncomfortable while traveling in a jeep but we were very impressed with our JK. went from Ft. Collins CO to Tucson AZ. in one day, lots of wind too. we felt it but was nothing blown al over the place. got on average 19MPG. we also went off road on a few trails and that was very fun, never had a Jeep much less taking one of road. Very impressed with what a jeep can do. All in All was comfortable an we were impressed with our JK.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:33 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,822 Likes on 1,592 Posts

I've done several long trips straight through.....8 - 13 hour drive in a day type trips. I think the jeep is relatively comfortable in general. I'd kill to get that kind of fuel economy! You should have a lot of off road fun given where you live.

If you're passing back through Colorado Springs on the way home, the Eagle Rock trail in Teller county is very worthwhile. Here's a link to it on TrailDamage.com -

https://www.traildamage.com/trails/index.php?id=39

It's a little tricky to find the trailhead, but if you're interested here is a pin tot he exact location on google maps.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1yZ...bY&usp=sharing
Old 06-07-2017, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree, I have a JKU and it is quite comfortable. At least in its stock form. I took a trip in April that was 7200 miles. From Upstate NY to Flagstaff AZ, then on to Death Valley, and on to Sequoia Kings Canyon, then of course back. On travel days it was 9-12 hours of driving a day. I was pleased with the ride quality, and I would say I averaged about the same gas mileage at 19. Best was 21.5 and worst was 15.8. The only time the ride was uncomfortable was coming back from the racetrack in death valley. The wash board was quite impressive to say the least. I don't think any vehicle would have been comfortable in those conditions.

Quick Reply: long trip