Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

Oklahoma trails

Old 10-16-2015, 08:38 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by TreyJK

Thanks, I'll PM you my email. And yes, I'll have to get a GPS unit soon because my paper map seems to be lacking the "zoom in" feature haha.
If you're not using a Gazetteer, you might check out the one for Oklahoma. Even with the GPS, it makes a great back-up to digital maps.
Old 10-16-2015, 06:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
If you're not using a Gazetteer, you might check out the one for Oklahoma. Even with the GPS, it makes a great back-up to digital maps.
That's the one I'm using. It works great most of the time, but there were a few occasions east of Lenpah and north of Skiatook Lake that the Gazetteer didn't list the names of a few roads. Other than that, it had good detail and it wasn't very hard to get back on track. I'm definitely looking forward to the western section where the roads are more grid-like in layout.
Old 10-16-2015, 11:50 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by TreyJK
... I'm definitely looking forward to the western section where the roads are more grid-like in layout.
Seriously. If you run into a closed section, return to the last intersection, go one mile at a right angle, one mile at the original direction, then one mile at the opposite direction to the right angle, then turn the original direction and you're back on track. Four times the road was closed and it worked all four times.

Quick Reply: Oklahoma trails