JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Trails & Tales (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/)
-   -   Project-JK Blue Lakes Summertime Snow Wheeling 2011 (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-trails-tales-71/project-jk-blue-lakes-summertime-snow-wheeling-2011-a-188316/)

phantomofrussia 07-28-2011 10:44 AM

thats just awesome!!! I love the snow!

One of these days, I will go on a big road trip and will definitely stop by area...

Dmanuel 07-28-2011 01:14 PM

Topless and doorless in the snow with blue skies above. How can it get any better. Great pics.

JeepL!fe 07-28-2011 01:29 PM

can you say christmas in july? :thumbsup:

wayoflife 08-01-2011 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Trail Bud (Post 2431414)
that looked like fun

you would have enjoyed this one a lot. wish you could have stuck around long enough to do it.

Originally Posted by rinkishJK (Post 2431424)
amazing pictures eddie!!!! that amazing to see that much snow, and icebergs in july!!!! never around here!!! simply amazing for sure!!!! thanks for sharing.

the icebergs in july was nuts. in all the years we've been coming here, we've never seen it like this so late in the summer.

Originally Posted by arcoleman (Post 2432077)
Man, you guys have all the fun! We could use some of the snow out here on the East coast. Makes me wish I was still in the area.

where abouts were you from out here?

wayoflife 08-01-2011 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by phantomofrussia (Post 2432158)
thats just awesome!!! I love the snow!

One of these days, I will go on a big road trip and will definitely stop by area...

well, if you do, be sure to let us know so that we can meet you :yup:

Originally Posted by Dillon7 (Post 2432508)
can you say christmas in july? :thumbsup:

LOL!! no kidding :cool:

gary 08-02-2011 10:39 AM

Sorry I'm not familiar with the area, but did this start at Blue Lakes and work north, or was this on the Deek Creek trail between HWY 4 and Blue Lakes? I'm planning on doing Deer Creek on Aug 20th, but would prefer no snow since we'll camp the night out there. appreciate any advice.

wayoflife 08-02-2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by gary
Sorry I'm not familiar with the area, but did this start at Blue Lakes and work north, or was this on the Deek Creek trail between HWY 4 and Blue Lakes? I'm planning on doing Deer Creek on Aug 20th, but would prefer no snow since we'll camp the night out there. appreciate any advice.

The blue lakes are where the deer valley trail ends on the north end. You shouldn't be any snow by the time you run it

BornJeep 08-11-2011 10:44 AM

This is It

This is exactly why I've wanted a Jeep all my life. And finally went out and got it. I'm very jealous concidering I'm suffering through the heatwave and drought in Oklahoma. Epic pics and it's enough to make me move west : ).