Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

To Wash or not to Wash.. That is the Question!

Old 07-18-2010, 04:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To Wash or not to Wash.. That is the Question!

My son and I had a Saturday all to ourselves while mom was at work yesterday. I told my almost 2 year old son, who loves jeeps by the way, that we would take the jeep for an afternoon safari in our local woods. He just loves riding with the top down, he can SEE things in a jeep in his car seat... unlike most vehicles. It started storming at lunchtime and it looked like are safari was in jeopardy. The rain never stoped, so we went anyway.. with the top on of course. We found some nice mud holes and was slippin and sliding all over the place... my son was laughing so hard I had to stop wheeling so he could catch his breath. We finaly went home after the jeep was real good and dirty.

The next day the jeep needed a bath really bad.. it had mud caked everywhere! So after a few hours of elbow grease the jeep was spotless and purty. That afternoon I needed to run to the store to grab a few things so my son and I hopped into our gleaming pride and joy and went to the store for a quick trip. On our way home we noticed a nice little dirt road that was calling our names and we just could'nt resist... Needless to say our Jeep needs a good Washing.... Again.

We Live... We Ride... In a JEEP!!! CHEERS!!!
Old 07-18-2010, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

I can relate...
Old 07-18-2010, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Most of the time the draw to the dirt road overcomes the desire to keep a newly cleaned Jeep clean. Sometimes I think the Jeep just steers itself towards the dirt on its own.. and I just go along for the ride.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think I need a teflon coated jeep... so I can just rinse her off real quick after the off road runs... which seem to be daily!!! lol. To HELL with the 2-3 hour detail jobs!!! LOL!
CHEERS!!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont think i'm ever doing this again, all the clay does not come out of the soft top. ever!

Old 07-23-2010, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

pressure washer!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SBEII
pressure washer!
If you are replying to my soft top concern, I went twice to the actual car wash pressure washer...no success. Sprayed ON the top
Old 07-23-2010, 10:48 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by SBEII
pressure washer!
I tried that also red mud is the worse can't get it out just takes numerous washes.

This story should be a commercial or something lol
Old 07-23-2010, 11:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

So the one day I spend about 3 hours washing my JK, I mean friggin spotless!! Me and my fiance pull into DD for a coffee and another JK covered completely with mud pulls in next to me.. My girls is like THATS LOOKS SOOOO COOL, right as me and this guy start shooting the shyt!! Needless to say, he gotta good laugh from it, and I stopped trying to keep it clean!! JK's look better dirty!!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:13 AM
JK Super Freak

I had a different view back then - this year I've been washing the paint off the damned thing.

Goody, that's one dirty JK! I didn't realize you had that Moab-esque silt in Vegas!

Quick Reply: To Wash or not to Wash.. That is the Question!