Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 TPMS Issues

Old 03-11-2019, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 TPMS Issues

I have an issue on my 2014 JK. I installed aftermarket 33”s on 17” wheels. I bought a 4 pack of Schrader OEM# 560293AB (20398) from one vendor. A 5th same make and model from another. I installed the new wheels. The left front picked up and registered right away, guessing that is the 5th sensor. The remaining 3 on the Jeep just listed - - on the EVIC. I brought it to the shop, they reprogrammed the sensors. I now show pressure on the EVIC on all 4 tires, however the PSI when checked at each tire with a gauge is off a couple of pounds. The light flashes about a minute then remains on solid. I’ve driven a couple of hundred miles. I logged back onto the vendor website. I missed the small print where the vendor selling the 4 pack notes “Will not fit 2014 Jeep Wrangler”. Ok, My Bad... the 5th sensor from the other company listing the same OEM and Schrader numbers has no notes that it will not fit my JK. I looked on Schrader website, they list these OEM and Schrader numbers as correct fit. they do not note any issues with the application. Schrader tech support says they are all the same and should work. I’ve over inflated, under inflated drank extra beer, still no luck.. I checked other sites, some list the same part numbers but note will not fit Jeep Wrangler, other same part numbers an no issues. I putting my confidence in Schrader Tech Support. Since all 4 are now reading however off a couple of pounds, I’m leaning toward weak batteries in the sensors. I just ordered new ones and will have to pay the price of trying to save a couple of bucks. Sorry about the long winded post. If anyone has any ideas I would like to know. Thanks

Quick Reply: 2014 TPMS Issues