Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which 35/12.50/17 TOYO to select?!

Old 10-14-2018, 12:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 35/12.50/17 TOYO to select?!

Hey Guys,

I am about to upgrade to 35 inch tires after doing a 2.5 inch teraflex BB along with all the other necessary upgrades to support the heavier tires. I have the black bear edition wrangler and love the stock black 17/7.5 rims which I will be mounting 35s on (I have 1.5 inch spacers). I am leaning heavily towards the RTs, but am curious if anyone has run all three in this size and leans a certain way. My jeep is a DD (that I travel at 70 MPH a lot) with weekend warrior off road expeditions, mostly to get to remote camping spots. Also, I do a fair amount of snow related actives. Obviously, all the information I have relayed points me to the AT2 extremes, cost included! However, I loooove the look of the MTs so my infatuation with the RTs are the nice looks and still functional in wet conditions. My local offroad shop told me that I'd get way more mileage out of the AT2s or MT but that the RTs are soft and I will barely get 40k out of them which makes me lean back towards the AT2s due to the ROI on the RTs if they do in fact need replacement at 40k. My jeep came with the KO2 TAs (stock size) which I dont hate either... Any advice on the which Toyos, road noise at 70 MPH huge factor, stock rims, etc would be appreciated. Thank you!
Old 10-14-2018, 12:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

I have run several pairs of AT2's in all different sizes including 35x12.5-17 and R/T's in 35x12.5-17 and both did very well but the AT2's definitely a smoother quieter tire and last forever. I disagree that the R/T will wear out fast on a wrangler they are not softer than either the at2 or mt. I had them on my 2014 jkur which was heavy and on my 16jkr which was light and they will last a long time..I personally would go with a wider rim for either one tho. The R/T is quite a bit bigger even tho both are 35's. I have had both in Moab and both do great. I had the at2 on the rubicon trail and the R/T on the dusy ershim and again both did well. If you are not married to Toyos look at the Cooper ST Maxx's they are cheaper and do just as well.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jadmt
I have run several pairs of AT2's in all different sizes including 35x12.5-17 and R/T's in 35x12.5-17 and both did very well but the AT2's definitely a smoother quieter tire and last forever. I disagree that the R/T will wear out fast on a wrangler they are not softer than either the at2 or mt. I had them on my 2014 jkur which was heavy and on my 16jkr which was light and they will last a long time..I personally would go with a wider rim for either one tho. The R/T is quite a bit bigger even tho both are 35's. I have had both in Moab and both do great. I had the at2 on the rubicon trail and the R/T on the dusy ershim and again both did well. If you are not married to Toyos look at the Cooper ST Maxx's they are cheaper and do just as well.
Awesome information! Thank you! I will look into the Coopers as well, thanks for the recommendation!

Quick Reply: Which 35/12.50/17 TOYO to select?!