Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

35s or 37s - what's required

Old 04-02-2019, 04:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by resharp001
Y, thought hit the OP with that link on previous thread when they were narrowing down thoughts on lift, but maybe not.

The real beating isn't necessarily that 37s entail a bit more, it's just that each change tends to beget another change, and there's no clean break.....but that is kind of the same with modifying in general. For an example, adding 37s to a 3.5" lift was the tipping point of needing to re-position the axles and re-extend the wheel base. No problem, I was willing to pony up for a complete set of quality adjustable control arms. Well, moved the rear axle back which was nice, but then the sway bar links caused interference....no problem, move rear sway bar back, cept that interferes with the exhaust, no problem, replace the exhaust. What's that banging noise going over bumps? Oh, it's the rear TB bolt hitting my rear bump stops....need to stagger those rear bumps now. It's that kinda thing that gets aggravating.

I think those lists that myself and Bora Bora put in that thread really addressed what you need to at least think about to run 37s. If just a pavement princess, probably can get by on less, but at least be aware of the bullet points.
points noted.I'll address things as needed. in order of priority i suppose. i told her, JEEP stands for just empty every pocket... now she'll understand why lol
Old 05-22-2019, 10:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snakeyes76
so a couple of weeks ago i posted about thoughts on a lift
we (the wife) decided on the 3.5" metalcloak overland rocksport kit
i added the rear adjustable trackbar, rear coil retainers and rear adj arms (kit has front drop brackets)
now she's debating on tires
i'm leaning towards 35s (yokohama mt g0003, grabber x3s, deegan 38s, cooper stt pro)
she really wanted 37s but i advised against it as i believe it entails a lot more mods
i would prefer not to regear
i've run 35s on my 2012 rubi 2dr auto trans with just a superchips tune which helped return the stock acceleration but i think going to 37s would require more than that
it is a manual rubi (4.10s)
i'm thinking regearing and at the least C-gusset reinforcement if going to 37s
am i forgetting something?
i would rather keep stock fender flares as it lines up nicely with the AEV bumpers (have not seen flat fenders with those bumpers but i think it would look a little off)

thoughts/suggestions?
BTW- it's 99% a pavement princess but she also doesn't do much mileage..maybe 4000 miles a year
Depends on the 37' tire you want to runs as well. Some 37s are bigger or rather true to size, others are not..
Here is 37" Pitbulls AEV Bumper and Bushwacker flat fenders..

Quick Reply: 35s or 37s - what's required