Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dirty Life Wheels

Old 03-23-2018, 11:36 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts
Default Dirty Life Wheels

Does anyone on here have experience with the Dirty Life wheels yet?
Old 04-05-2018, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I was looking at these but when I went to buy them they disappeared from the web site that was selling them like they never existed.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,824 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by cedarraider
I was looking at these but when I went to buy them they disappeared from the web site that was selling them like they never existed.
I saw these guys had a booth at the Unlimited Offroad Expo in DFW the other month, but I was a bit pissed off at em at the time so didn't bother talking to them. It's quite frustrating looking at their DT-1 and DT-2 wheels cuz every place you see them lists them as "beadlocks"....when in fact what you are getting is the wheel and a "beauty" ring. Their thing is 1 wheel, 2 functions. You can mount in regular fashion, or as a beadlock....with the addition of an optional forged aluminum ring. I'm fine with all that, but their listings should clearly state that the wheel as sold is a "simulated" beadlock. Anyhow, they can be really frustrating to look at. Adding to the frustration is trying to figure out how some retailers can list this wheel so cheap, while others are DOUBLE the price.

Anyhow, my #1 concern is buying something with proper BS as I need 3.5", #2 concern is price, #3 concern is looks, and #4 color. I've currently ordered some of these wheels from a retailer that has them listed for half price of others. Figured even with buying the forged aluminum rings from another retailer.........which by the way is another pain in the ass trying to locate the rings for sale. Even contacting Dirty Life directly is a pain in the ass and very little help. They really need to hire some marketing person as they seem lost. I was corresponding with them trying to find 1 retailer I could buy the rings from........and they were no help. I finally found 1.....1 place on the whole freaking internet. Anyhow, I'm currently coming out to a price of $233 ea for a full beadlock. That is huge difference in price vs. the next cheapest which are the Method 105s (~$288 ea) as Bora Bora bought. Of course, the big caveat here is the wheels are backordered...even though I called right before ordering and was told there were 8 of them in stock on the east coast! So, I'm in the wait and see game. I'm just trying to ditch spacers before hitting Moab this summer, so I have a little time to play the game. If I actually get these wheels delivered I'll update with a review.

Last edited by resharp001; 04-06-2018 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:31 AM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Definitely keep us posted. I was equally frustrated at their lack of information/consistency. You're right, they absolutely need to hire or outsource their marketing...at least some interns.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:48 AM
JK Freak

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

If you wanted a simulated beadlock, I could’ve just sold you mine a couple of weeks ago! 4.5” backspacing though! My Spyderlocks shipped out yesterday...boom!
Old 04-07-2018, 12:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jsukey
If you wanted a simulated beadlock, I could’ve just sold you mine a couple of weeks ago! 4.5” backspacing though! My Spyderlocks shipped out yesterday...boom!
He doesn't...lol.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:29 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BoraBora
He doesn't...lol.
I was joking! resharp001 and I met and wheeled together a couple of weeks ago.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:35 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jsukey

I was joking! resharp001 and I met and wheeled together a couple of weeks ago.
Ah! I'm an idiot
Old 04-07-2018, 01:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Ah! I'm an idiot
Haha, all good man!
Old 04-08-2018, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m running Dirty Life Beadlocks ,zero leaks,assembly was easy and smooth,no balance issues and straight as an arrow

Quick Reply: Dirty Life Wheels