Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dirty Life Wheels

Old 04-09-2018, 10:46 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

That is a real forged beadlock ring in that picture? I've only been able to locate basic forged aluminum ring for their wheels. The Roadkill series seems a bit more straightforward than the DT-1 and DT-2's. My issue with the Roadkill is doesn't come in 3.5" BS.

This is the only available "optional" beadlock ring I've been able to locate for purchase:
https://www.sneveysoffroad.com/forge...off_road_parts
Old 04-20-2018, 11:30 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

So, I was getting ready to pull the trigger on some DT-2s today instead of waiting on these DT-1s, and I realized the hub bore on the wheels is 78.1, whereas the hub bore on the JK axles is 71.5. UGH!. Should I be concerned about using a hub spacer for my intended purpose with these wheels? Is it a big deal or no big deal at all? I'd really prefer to NOT have one just cuz one more thing to deal with on trail if one cracked or fell off and broke during a trail repair....but, I do like these wheels better than the Method 105s which are my only other real budget friendly option.

Thoughts??
Old 04-20-2018, 11:54 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

I'm going to guess this isn't a big deal....that even though these wheels will see much more stress than the typical wheel does, the ring adjusting the hub size really isn't taking on any stress itself.....and if I have concerns about the ring breaking at all over time with mounting and dismounting the wheels, then I should just get a higher quality aluminum ring.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Wow, good catch. I probably would not have noticed that until I had the wheels on hand.

Eh, I wouldn't sweat it. Just another thing to check during tire rotations/oil changes. Have you called Dirty Life and spoken with any of them? Seems silly to limit themselves when it comes to tapping into the JK market. Then again, Hutchinson only offers their Rock monsters in 4.5" backspacing and people still buy them...

Post pics when/if you do get them. Would be a nice change from the typical Slab, KMC, Spyderlock, Method beadlocks everyone seems to run.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:11 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

y, I'm gonna go ahead and order them up. The DT-2s are in stock....gotta pay a little more, $900 for 5 vs. the $765 I was getting on the DT-1's, but tired of waiting....rather just get these and lock the price in. Even with the extra $80ea for the rings (shipped), still $28ea cheaper than the Method 105s. Guess we'll see. Cross fingers and hope for the best.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:27 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Wheels arrive on Monday, beadlock rings ordered separately today....and shipping was less than previously looked to be. All in, $245ea. I'll take pics and review when they arrive. Hope I'm not making a big mistake going with these things.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Udang $245 sounds like a killer price
Old 04-24-2018, 09:58 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Dzldust
Udang $245 sounds like a killer price
Paid $180.95 for the DT-2 wheels. CarID had them for that price as well, but only had 2 in the BS and lug pattern needed. Performance Plus Tire sells these wheels for $157ea, and if you put em in your cart and let em sit, you can get another $50 off. I had 5 wheels there for $765 shipped to my door, but they were on backorder. I waited a while, and finally decided to pay the extra $135 to get wheels now. So, 5 wheels for $900, then had to buy the forged aluminum beadlock rings for $60ea + $24 shipping. My understanding is the rings come with all the necessary hardware.

We shall see. Almost seems to good to be true.

LOL.....believe me, I've probably got $45ea worth of aggravation in these wheels.

Last edited by resharp001; 04-24-2018 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 10:07 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Well, what a shit show this experience has been. Ordered the Dirty Life DT-2s as they were in stock, and paid up a little more to get them. On scheduled delivery day, which was 10 days after ordering and paying, message from the retailer says manufacturer can't find the wheels, they're now on backorder, and not coming. ARRRggg. Mind you, that was after I checked on the shipping status 5 days prior. It got worse as once it appeared the wheels were indeed coming (shipping labe and delivery date posted), I ordered the rings that go with them. Got home the day I was told the wheels weren't coming, and waiting by my mailbox was $325 worth of beadlock rings.

After much consternation which I won't elaborate on, I'm cutting bait. Eating about $100 to send these rings back, and the retailer I ordered the wheels from is cutting me a deal on 5 Method 105s at their cost as a means to rectify the situation. In the end, I kept looking at both the DT-1 and DT-2 wheels wanting to make them work, but I kept coming back to the spoke designs. On the DT-1s, every single spoke reaches out there by the edge of the wheel, and on the DT-2s it's every other spoke. Even with a beadlock ring there, I see rocks getting in that area and eating the wheels up......and I'm not going to buy another set of wheels I just trash like my current ones!

Method 105s aren't my favorite wheel out there, but they are tried and true, in budget, and proper backspacing. I'm ready for this headache to be over with tbh. Currently waiting for an RMA to send the rings back.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:20 PM
JK Freak

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Knew you'd come around

Originally Posted by resharp001
Method 105s aren't my favorite wheel out there, but they are tried and true, in budget, and proper backspacing. I'm ready for this headache to be over with tbh. Currently waiting for an RMA to send the rings back.
My exact reasoning as well. Good luck with mounting! Can't believe I'm about to say this, but it was actually kind of fun after I figured out the washer trick. Just get a chair and sit while you tighten all the bolts down, being hunched over for that long killed my back for a few days.

Quick Reply: Dirty Life Wheels