Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dirty Life Wheels

Old 05-07-2018, 12:35 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,820 Likes on 1,590 Posts

Originally Posted by BoraBora
Knew you'd come around
In the end, getting the Methods at cost, just about offsets the loss sending the DL rings back....and puts me just about to where I'd be had I just ordered the dumb Methods from Northridge to start with! Exercise in futility.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah it was a big red flag for me when I went to order the dirty life wheels from a web site and they disappeared from the page like they never existed. No out of stock no backorder just a blank page with an error message.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:32 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine have been great
Old 05-09-2018, 12:48 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Dzldust
Mine have been great
Y, the ones you have didn't come in 3.5" BS unfortunately.
Old 05-09-2018, 02:57 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I personally have saw a Jeep with them on. They look great in my opinion!
Old 05-09-2018, 06:07 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Official_EAG
I personally have saw a Jeep with them on. They look great in my opinion!
I actually like the look of the DT-1 and DT-2 wheels, BUT, I see those spokes coming out damn close to the ring as something that is going to catch on rocks a lot the way I use the jeep. I already trashed a nice set of Fuel Boost wheels that are now worthless, and I sure don't want to invest in another set of wheels that I just chew up to high holy hell. I don't mind jacking rings up at all, but chewing up metal on the spokes that will both look terrible and start to throw off the balance a bit would really make me mad. In the end, I just figured the Methods were a better option for me. There are so many beadlocks out there that I like the look of better than the Methods, but not many options with a 3.5" BS. If the ring itself was larger, I think it would protect these spokes more, but I see the rocks getting to those....

Old 05-17-2018, 11:52 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running the Dirty life dual tech wheels pictured above. Currently running them as standard wheels, they look great, balanced good and the verdict is out on the bead lock since they don't have the forged bead lock ring out for them yet. So far...I love them!
Old 05-17-2018, 11:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Maniak907
I'm running the Dirty life dual tech wheels pictured above. Currently running them as standard wheels, they look great, balanced good and the verdict is out on the bead lock since they don't have the forged bead lock ring out for them yet. So far...I love them!
The beadlock rings for those ARE out for them currently. In fact, I just returned 5 of those effers, eating $125 along the way. I should have just shipped them up to you! The problem is this company's marketing is a real shit show. If you want rings, look on Snevey's -

https://www.sneveysoffroad.com/17_beadlock_rings

LOL, I bought those a few weeks ago and they were $60+shipping. He's upped the price. I swear, I can't win....never catch a break. I could have made money keeping em and selling em on eBay.

Last edited by resharp001; 05-17-2018 at 12:05 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well damn, I'm gonna have to call my Tire guy and have him order me up some rings! when I got my wheels a couple of months ago they didn't have them available yet.
Old 05-18-2018, 05:12 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by Maniak907
well damn, I'm gonna have to call my Tire guy and have him order me up some rings! when I got my wheels a couple of months ago they didn't have them available yet.
Well, this is where the crap marketing comes in. I don't think any retailer really knows. Almost positive these are really the same rings that they use on their other beadlock wheels like Dzldust has above. If you ask Dirty Life where you can buy them, they'll tell you "from any authorized Dirty Life retailer/dealer". The Dirty Life part numbers for those rings are 9302RACERRING-17 and 9302RACERRING-20. Google those part numbers and you'll find nothing. LOL. Entire world that Google reaches, and you'll find no retailers. Dirty Life was extremely frustrating to correspond with too. Snevey's had their own part number for the item. Steve at Snevey's was very helpful during this process, so I gave him a tip and told him he needed to tag that item number on the page somehow so it gets caught by Google, cuz he's apparently the only place I could find them.....and he's drop shipping just like anyone else would. I can tell you for sure there are 5 rings sitting in the California warehouse. They're polished rings (not black), and appear to be comparable to what is on the Method 105s.

I think that these guys made a big push with new wheels.....initial production came in and was sold pretty cheap to get them out there and get a following, and if you could snag em at those cheap prices that's great. I tend to think that once they start being supplied again (you can't find any of the 3.5" BS wheels anymore), the prices will be going up. The wheel really needs to be priced inline with the Method 105, factoring in the cost of the rings as well, in order to be successful IMO. If you have to pay $280 or whatnot for a wheel, then an additional $100 for the ring.....you may as well go buy some real quality beadlocks......in the same way that I don't think anyone would be buying the Method 105s if they cost $375+. These DT-1 and DT-2 wheels need to be in that $180 range......so it will be interesting to see what retailers do. There is a huge range of prices out there currently.

Quick Reply: Dirty Life Wheels