Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE Need help to chose the best tires for my needs

Old 04-19-2018, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

You'll get better advice from people who live close to you. Folks here are recommending the BFG ko2's but I'm running them and not seeing the hype. I'm at 30k miles with wheeling included and I don't think I'll get another 20k/ year out of them. The Hankook's are a good street tire but they aren't hot on ice either. The ko2 did better when we had an ice/ snow event in Virginia. I was less than impressed with the duratracs when I ran them in a stock size. They weren't nearly as tough as I hoped they would be.

If you're concerned with weight then be sure to spec each tire out before you buy. Another tire worth considering should be the Flaken ATW3. It's designed along the same lines as the Duratrac for snowy performance and off-road prowess.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

We love BFG KT02s for all terrains!
Old 04-29-2018, 08:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

I'm running KO2's on my JK and JL now and they are the best all-around tire I've ever had on a Jeep in 25 years of Jeeping. I just swapped a set of KM2's with them and I feel like I've gained more than I've lost, including better ride, handling, quieter, better in sand, snow, and rain. I've not been on the rocks much, but initial impressions are that they are at least 90% as good. The only place the KO2 clearly has an advantage is in mud, and it isn't a huge advantage, based on what I've experienced, so far. I couldn't be more pleased. I'm taking them to Moab in October, so I'll know a lot more by then.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

This is so great. I listened to your interview on Jeep Talk Show... really awesome and you definitely need to be on the show at least 2 more times to finish out the trip!
Old 06-21-2018, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 355 Likes on 331 Posts
Default Tires

You stated NO Heavies... then watch the load range .. "B" .. a "P" in front of the tire size; I run 285/75/17s (they measure almost 33in) on a 2013 JKU Sport with 9 inch rims with different offset and 3/4inch spacer. These are passenger vehicle rated T117 (generally load range B).. coded T117 or something else like t121 is the heavier more ply tire.. check what they weigh & what Ply. Do you know the width of the stock MOAB's? be sure what you buy works with the wheel width.. the 3/4 inch will help with a slightly larger tire not rubbing when turned full lock. Good Luck.

Quick Reply: PLEASE Need help to chose the best tires for my needs