Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sahara 18" Alloy Wheels with Duratracs VS Stock Rubicon Wheels with Rubi Tires

Old 12-19-2014, 07:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At least in my area ( MN), take off tires and wheels are a dime a dozen. Craigslist is full of them. Like others have said, at that price, the guy is bending you over.

keep in mind though that the Rubicon BFG MTs are not going to be an overly good tire in the winter. The traction on ice and packed snow is lousy.
Old 12-19-2014, 01:43 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One other thing you need to be aware of it is the TPMS sensors. They changed the frequency the sensors operate on in 2012 so if the Rubi rims are 2011
or older they will not communicate with the ECM and the dash alarm will be going off. All 5 tires will have to be broke down and the new sensors installed.
I'm in the opposite situation, despise the look of the Rubi wheels and hate the BF Goodriches on my (soon to be delivered 2015) Rubi and want to go back to running my 2011 Sahara rims and Bridgestone AT's, (for the winter at least and until I can raise the cash to put new custom rims on).
topbanana
Old 12-19-2014, 03:40 PM
JK Newbie

Just to add another thing to the mix... I just picked up (4) 315/70/17 general grabber at2's with rims, mounted and balanced at my door for under $1650. DTD for the win! ( i think the tread looks similar to the duratracs) - same weight.

I current have 5- sport take offs, 16" though i cant get rid off. I started asking for $200, but now i just want then out of my garage. I see a lot of people trying to price the individual tires and rims using msrp pricing. Its only worth what people are willing to pay in your area! Good luck!

Go for 35s!
Old 12-19-2014, 04:23 PM
JK Junkie

Received 159 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_alex2
Just to add another thing to the mix... I just picked up (4) 315/70/17 general grabber at2's with rims, mounted and balanced at my door for under $1650. DTD for the win! ( i think the tread looks similar to the duratracs) - same weight. I current have 5- sport take offs, 16" though i cant get rid off. I started asking for $200, but now i just want then out of my garage. I see a lot of people trying to price the individual tires and rims using msrp pricing. Its only worth what people are willing to pay in your area! Good luck! Go for 35s!
I had general grabber AT2's on a Mercury mountaineer. I have no complaints about them. They wore great. Were great in all weather.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the stock 18inch alloys that came with the Sahara... i haven't seen it done so i am guessing its not ideal.
Old 01-27-2021, 04:20 AM
JK Newbie

Bought mine with the wheels ur talking about on it with these tires. not quite 35s. 295/70R18

Quick Reply: Sahara 18" Alloy Wheels with Duratracs VS Stock Rubicon Wheels with Rubi Tires