Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stuck on tires, HELP!

Old 06-04-2018, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck on tires, HELP!

Hello

I was looking for suggestions for a 35” all terrain tire.
I’m upgrading my 2015 jku sport stock tires. It is my dd and I go out of town 300+ miles every month. It will only be my dd for about another year though. It’ll be on trails a lot more often after that. I plan to get another jeep that’ll be my daily driver then. I was looking for one that would be ok on ice or snow. I live in West Texas and we rarely see ice, so I don’t have enough experience driving in it. We go to northern New Mexico about three time a year in winter for hockey, but I’d like to wheel out there if I could. I rarely go into deep mud. Most of the trails I go on are dirt, rocks, and sand. I’ve been wanting to go on trails in Big Bend State Park and the guide said to stay home unless you have a minimum of 6 ply tires. I’d want radial tires too.

Here’s what I narrowed it down to. Price is an issue, but I’m okay with spending more if the tires are actually worth it. I’m open to any suggestions though! Also, feel free to tell me if any of these would be a stupid idea! I won’t take offense. The tires I picked are below.

Pitbull Growler Radial Tire $237.80
Falken Wildpeak A/T3W $185
BFGOODRICH ALL-TERRAIN T/A KO2 $228.97

Thanks

Last edited by ccryan; 06-04-2018 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

I've always had good luck with bfg all terrains (ive only had the ko's not the ko2s though). For me they ride great, last a long time and look more aggressive than other all terrains. They aren't cheap, but they do last.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Something to consider when you're buying tires is weight. That's the spot where I'm stuck now with replacing my tires. You absolutely notice the unsprung weight difference of heavier tires.

Where'd you find the ATW3's for $128? I'll order today.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

We recommend Toyo Tires Open Country All-Terrains. Check them out HERE.

Also, you're not going to be able to fit 35" tires without at least a 2.5" lift, unfortunately.

-Kyle @rebeloffroad
Old 06-04-2018, 08:37 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hatchet Jones
I've always had good luck with bfg all terrains (ive only had the ko's not the ko2s though). For me they ride great, last a long time and look more aggressive than other all terrains. They aren't cheap, but they do last.
Thanks! Great to know they last long.
It doesn’t matter how aggressive they look. I’ve driven stock for 2.5 years, so I’m used to looking like a soccer mom...but I promise I’m not one...I don’t have an ice chest full of Capri suns in there

i just wanna be able to go on most trails and make it home
Old 06-04-2018, 08:41 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Hatchet Jones
Originally Posted by karls10jk
Something to consider when you're buying tires is weight. That's the spot where I'm stuck now with replacing my tires. You absolutely notice the unsprung weight difference of heavier tires.

Where'd you find the ATW3's for $128? I'll order today.
Thanks for mentioning weight. I need to go back and check all that. I was looking at steels rims too.

So sorry! it was supposed to say $185 not $128. I fixed it.

Ps. Good luck looking for your new tires.
Old 06-04-2018, 08:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by REBEL OFF ROAD
We recommend Toyo Tires Open Country All-Terrains. Check them out HERE.

Also, you're not going to be able to fit 35" tires without at least a 2.5" lift, unfortunately.

-Kyle @rebeloffroad
Thanks. I’ll check them out. I’m prepared for the lift
Old 06-04-2018, 09:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

You might look into Good Year Duratracs as well.

I'm currently running Good Year MTR Ks, and love them, but for what you are wanting the Duratracs would be more fitting. I had them on my previous Jeep, and loved them as well.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

35's can fit without a lift, despite Rebel's recommendation. The new style bfg's are ok but I'm not getting the mileage out of them that I hoped to see when I bought them. Where are you sourcing the Wildpeaks for so cheap?
Old 06-05-2018, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks! I'm looking at the duratracs now.

Last edited by ccryan; 06-05-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Stuck on tires, HELP!