Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Swapping wheels/tires from a 2013 Altitude to a 2015 Sport S.

Old 05-31-2015, 12:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping wheels/tires from a 2013 Altitude to a 2015 Sport S.

I have a few questions about swamping wheels/tires from a 2013 Altitude edition to a 2015 Sport S. I recently had a chance to jump on a set of five altitude edition wheels and tires and purchased them from doing a little research. From what I can tell they are the same 5x5.5 bolt pattern, the diameter of the tires are the same +/- 1" and the spacing is the same. I went to a tire shop to ask about mounting/balance and a alignment and the mechanic recommended that I get five new valve stems because that when he usually pulls out the valve stems they break since they are rubber only. What would be the part # for this, is there a specific size that I need? The googles did not offer a lot of information in regards to this. Additionally can I transfer the TPMS from the 2015 set to the 2013 set as the mechanic was willing to do that as well. Also I haven't really had a chance to make friends with many tire shops (always had work done at stealership) but I'm located in the New England Area (Hudson County, NJ) can anyone recommend someone from around that area?
Old 05-31-2015, 01:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If the Altitude wheels still have the sensors in them then you don't need to do anything. They both use 433 MHz sensors. If the tire shop has to pull your sensors and put them into the Altitude wheels, then they will usually try to sell you a sensor rebuild kit, which consists of a couple of O rings and a Schrader valve. On a 15, I don't think you really need to rebuild the sensors. However, some tire shops will not guarantee their work unless you do so.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 14Sport
If the Altitude wheels still have the sensors in them then you don't need to do anything. They both use 433 MHz sensors. If the tire shop has to pull your sensors and put them into the Altitude wheels, then they will usually try to sell you a sensor rebuild kit, which consists of a couple of O rings and a Schrader valve. On a 15, I don't think you really need to rebuild the sensors. However, some tire shops will not guarantee their work unless you do so.
The Altitude wheels do not have the TPMS on them, I asked the person I purchased them from.
Old 05-31-2015, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

For simplicity sake since I will be using the Sport S wheels again one day (probably for winter) and if I just wanted to buy a set of TPMS sensors will these work:

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...161_0460038854

Napa seems to be incomplete on the 2015 Jeep catalog. Additionally I found these:

Schrader/Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor 20018 at AutoZone.com just in case I wanted to swap them out. Right now I'm leaning towards convenience and just buying a whole new set.
Old 05-31-2015, 05:24 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You need the whole sensor but $40 per sensor is crazy. Amazon and Ebay are much cheaper.

Quick Reply: Swapping wheels/tires from a 2013 Altitude to a 2015 Sport S.