Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tire and wheel?

Old 01-03-2013, 04:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire and wheel?

Looking to upgrade the wheels on my stock 07 rubicon. Just wondering what wheel size best fits the stock big mud terrains? I'm liking the look of the xd series rims, would these fit ok? Thanks!
Old 01-03-2013, 05:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You may need to do a little more research. The biggest tire you can fit on a stock 07 without doing further mods is about a 255. And the wheel needs to have the correct "backspaceing". Different tire manufacturers have specifications for what size tire is best for what size wheel.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
You may need to do a little more research. The biggest tire you can fit on a stock 07 without doing further mods is about a 255. And the wheel needs to have the correct "backspaceing". Different tire manufacturers have specifications for what size tire is best for what size wheel.
I want to keep the 255 75 17's I have, I just bought new ones two months ago. I just want new wheels. I like the kmc xd series, but not sure what size would work. In general I'm looking for nice blacks rims.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Psw757
I want to keep the 255 75 17's I have, I just bought new ones two months ago. I just want new wheels. I like the kmc xd series, but not sure what size would work. In general I'm looking for nice blacks rims.
Gotcha! I still don't have what you need. But I know how to help you. Go to the manufacturesr website ( tire ) . There you should find a compatibility list of wheel "Width" sizes. Research this forum for the correct backspaceing. After you get this information, the rest is personal choice.

Quick Reply: Tire and wheel?