Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TPMS sensors aren't all working

Old 10-24-2018, 09:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS sensors aren't all working

I have a low light on dash. When I go to the tire pressure display, it shows flat lines on tires except the back rear passenger side which reads 31. I tried to clear this on the f5, but it didn’t work. I have since rotated the tires and the same right rear tire on the digital display is registering even though it's now a different one.

I'm thinking that it may be a bad sensor or dead battery, but if so, why wouldn't just the bad sensor show?

I have a 2014 JKU Rubicon

Suggestions?
Old 10-24-2018, 05:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Take it to a tire shop. They have a scanner that can read if the sensors are working or not. The batteries in the sensors in the tires are only designed to last 5years. If it is the sensors (most likely the case), they have to remove the tires from the wheels (at least partially) to replace the whole sensor. Depending on what year and what model the Jeep is, and what tire shop you go to, the sensors run between $50-$80 a piece, and should cost between $10-$35 a tire to replace depending on if they have to rebalance the tires or not.
The following users liked this post:
Mogul (11-01-2018)
Old 11-01-2018, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Thanks tjkamp! I took your advice and sure enough, three of the five sensors were bad. I had the sensors replaced and everything is now working correctly.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 63 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Mogul
Thanks tjkamp! I took your advice and sure enough, three of the five sensors were bad. I had the sensors replaced and everything is now working correctly.
Good to hear!
Happy Jeeping!

Quick Reply: TPMS sensors aren't all working