Notices
JK Wheels and Tires For all questions and answers concerning Wheels and Tires for Jeep JKs.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You guys keeping the TPMS when getting new wheels/tires?

Old 12-23-2014, 07:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sahara Lee
Kept them. Went from stock Sahara 18" to Duratrac 315/70R17 on M/T Classic IIIs. My tire guys (Kaufman Tires) transferred them and put plain stems in my stock at no charge . I lowered the pressure sensor to 18psi with my FlashPaq. No worries.
Do you know if you can set the psi with procal?
Old 12-23-2014, 07:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I kept mine. I took them out of my factory wheels and put them in my Jesters with 35s. So far I'm glad I did. When I air down I don't find the ding and dash light annoying. One thing I like about having them is when I air down and air up I can watch the dash and stop the air up/down when the pressure gets where I want it.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:18 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by twofourflinching
Do you know if you can set the psi with procal?
yes. i have mine set to 16psi. I run two sets of tires/wheels and bought the ebay 5 for $52 and they are OEM identical to the factory ones on my 2014. At first I was going to disable the sensors but I actually like it when I am aired down because I can monitor the psi.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:29 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by helmet10
Nope, don't have them anymore. Have 17" Hutchison Rock Monsters on 35" for wheeling and 18" Sahara on 32" streetables for Daily Drive on my '13 JKUR.

'13 Rubi Wheels are gone, I ditched cuz the break. Made in China.

I am numb to the ding and light.
Blew my wad on wheels so have to wait on ding eraser.

Ernie
I know Hutchinson was made in China too did they change? American Eagle Alloy USA made and some Racelines are USA made most today in China.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I had my TPMS sensors swapped into my aftermarket wheels after going to 35s. I used to put my stock wheels and tires on for long road trips and swapped to the 33s I was running off-road myself. Now that I'm geared down I got rid of the stock tires and wheels (to small to run with 5.13 gears). The 35s are so heavy that I don't want to have to mess with them myself. The tire shop I use said they cannot mount non-tpms wheels on a vehicle equipped with TPMS any more due to federal regulations. Now with the 35s I can have them do the tire rotations and balancing for me (they do that for free) and save my back.
Old 12-24-2014, 07:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Yep, kept them on my 35s, my 37s, and just installed them on my wheels today for my 40s. If I had stock tires, I wouldn't care so much as I could see visually if they look a little low. With larger tires, they have to be way low. I don't want to check the pressure constantly and don't want to roll around short 10 psi.
I pulled mine a couple years ago thinking I didn't need them. I'll be putting them back in when I get new wheels and tires in the coming months. Had a bead leaking on one of my current tires after an out of state wheeling trip. 37x13.5 load range E toyo mts. Couldn't tell it was low until it got to around 10 psi. Even then it was only bulging slightly.
Old 12-24-2014, 01:05 PM
JK Freak

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't see a reason to get rid of them. Why wouldn't you want to know how much air is in your tire? No not like you have pay for the information.

Quick Reply: You guys keeping the TPMS when getting new wheels/tires?