Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

2011 Aftermarket Stereo Install - With pics!

Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheGrateOz
I do have an aftermarket head unit...The write up above is my JK. thanks for the comments on the sub tweak....maybe I'll try some other ways to sort this too. I'll keep everyone posted as I learn.
Did you do anything to the sound bar to improve before installing the speakers, the sound is open across the center, so I filled the center cavity with expanding insulation foam, I installed C2's in the sound bar and c5's in the front, I ran out of sound deadener in the process of the install so later Im going to add some sound deadener to improve the factory enclosures.
Old 04-18-2011, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great Info. Thanks
Old 04-19-2011, 05:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fastrat350
Did you do anything to the sound bar to improve before installing the speakers, the sound is open across the center, so I filled the center cavity with expanding insulation foam, I installed C2's in the sound bar and c5's in the front, I ran out of sound deadener in the process of the install so later Im going to add some sound deadener to improve the factory enclosures.
You know, I didn't check that. I think I may check out some of the speaker baskets out therer to see how they work. Some deadener would probabaly be in order as well. The sound bar is a rattle trap. Thanks
Old 04-19-2011, 06:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TheGrateOz
I do have an aftermarket head unit...The write up above is my JK. thanks for the comments on the sub tweak....maybe I'll try some other ways to sort this too. I'll keep everyone posted as I learn.
Oops, sorry. I didn't even look at who wrote it.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ncaa_maniac
Oops, sorry. I didn't even look at who wrote it.
No Sweat..Thanks again
Old 04-21-2011, 09:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the write up, I hope to be doing this myself soon. I'm not normally a DIY guy, but with the mod bug I have at the moment, it would serve me well to do some of this myself. We'll see.
Looks good.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

So it turns out my speaker problem in my sound bar is related to wattage. The Hertz speakers are starving. Next step - Install a new 5-ch Alipine X series amp!
Old 07-23-2011, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 97jeeperdrummer
Do you happen to have a diagram or remember what color you used to attach the PAC swi-rc to your steering wheel wires.. I ran the ignition and ground, and attached the 1/8" jack into the back of my Alpine.. but have no idea where to splice into the steering wheel harness.. any help would be great
I actually plugged it directly into the C2R-CHY4. Do you have that item from PAC?
Old 07-23-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Freak

Very cool I wanted to do a write up but forgot till I was half way through. Nice!
Old 07-23-2011, 07:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Great writeup!

Quick Reply: 2011 Aftermarket Stereo Install - With pics!