Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

2016 Wrangler Misfiring

Old 12-03-2017, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Wrangler Misfiring

Got a question I hope y'all might be able to help me out with. I have a 2016 Wrangler JKU and I just got it back from the dealership after two months. I was wheeling all day beginning of October. Hit some good trails at the local ORV Park and got ready to call it quits for the day. Dropped my buddy off at his Jeep. Went to head out and my jeep died. Tried starting and it wouldn't start. Determined the starter was the issue and it was. Had the Jeep brought to my local dealer and they refused to fix it. I put a new starter in and it fired right up. Ran ragged and cut off after a few minutes. New starter got burned out. Towed back to the dealer and after two weeks of it sitting there they told me it was hydro locked. I was ready to part out my Jeep and buy another. I got my Jeep home 3 days ago. Put a new starter in it and it fired right up. Ran for a minute and cut off. Pulled the ridiculous intake manifold off. Pulled all the plugs and coil packs. All the plugs on the passenger side fired. All the plugs on the driver side did not. Swapped all the plugs and coil packs to check and see if the plugs and coil packs from the driver side were good. All the spark plugs and coil packs are good. Everything else is good. Fuel pump coming on, there is no fuel issue. Trying to figure out why the engine might be misfiring. Hoping this is an easy fix. Why is this happening?

Quick Reply: 2016 Wrangler Misfiring