Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

2017 Radio Questions and possible upgrades

Old 04-06-2017, 12:14 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Radio Questions and possible upgrades

Ok, so I just decided to trade in my 2014 Sahara for a 17 Sahara,
My 2014 had the radio (no Nav) with uconnect and the subwoofer mount at the base of the passenger roll cage in the trunk as everyone knows
the 2017 radio (no nav) placed the sub in the storage tray in the trunk (I believe the 15s and 16s did the same) so I opted to go with the radio (no nav) without the sub but still has the uconnect, due to wanting and needed the storage area for trailer stuff and storage.

Radio model on 2017: Radio 130 with Uconnect and Satellite with 8 Speaker system

so here is my dilemma - radio at low and mid volume is great, I put it up and then there is little base an the speakers bottom out and sounds terrible so I need to upgrade it but want to keep it OEM, there is zero bass.

I do not have room for a under the seat sub due to seats constantly moving and unsure if I can hook up one to this radio head anyways

here are my questions:
1 - If I just change the head units will that provide more amperage to the speakers?
- if so what faces can I put in? years of radio's and models - should be compatible with 07-17 I believe

2- do I have to upgrade the speakers as well or will just upgrading the speakers be enough to get clear volume and bass at a higher volume limit

3-can I add the radio with the 8 inch Nav Screen and what years would be compatible and would this provide enough to increase bass and volume? (honestly want to put this head unit in it anyways.

I am handy and have done stuff like this in the past, so technical not a problem

thanks guys, looking forward to answers and recommendations

Quick Reply: 2017 Radio Questions and possible upgrades