Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Another ESP kill switch tutorial, with 23 photos, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK

Old 03-15-2013, 11:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know why you guys bother cutting wires and install switches..I just turn off the jeep, pull the J6 fuse .. do the hell I want to do, turn off the engine and put it back on.. end of story..

The traction and ESP are off.. but the cruse control keeps working..

But your work looks really clean and nice...

We mostly play in sand dunes in Saudi Arabia.. so we hate these systems when it kicks in and prevent you from having fun..
Old 03-16-2013, 09:37 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by motyyam_575
I don't know why you guys bother cutting wires and install switches..I just turn off the jeep, pull the J6 fuse .. do the hell I want to do, turn off the engine and put it back on.. end of story..

The traction and ESP are off.. but the cruse control keeps working..

But your work looks really clean and nice...

We mostly play in sand dunes in Saudi Arabia.. so we hate these systems when it kicks in and prevent you from having fun..
It's nice to be able to be spontaneous about it and not have to open the hood up. And it's nice to at least simulate the level of control that we as drivers are supposed to have and should have been given from the factory.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:12 AM
JK Newbie

This is my first post in this forum. I have been lurking for a while, but felt the need to use my first post for a huge "thank you" to you for your post. My wife and I bought a 2013 JKU and she drives it mostly, but I enjoy taking vehicles out in the snow and such for a little horse play, or the occasional rough trail/mud off roading and the first thing I noticed in our first snow of the year is this ultimate off road vehicle is BORING with the traction control. couldn't spin the tires if I tried, and even with it turned off, the govenment mandated nanny system still kicks and and ruins the fun in 1 second flat. I like that the wife is safe on the roads, but at the same time, I would like to have some off road fun. Your post is ther perfect solution for my situation. of course, I may try the J6 fuse first just for simplicity sake, but I do like the switch better for the ease and convenience factor. I was doing a little mudding around in my old 2002 Liberty and it occured to me if I had been in the Wrangler, I don't think I could have gotten out of some of the holes I was in if I couldn't keep the wheels going. With the nanny cutting power and such I would have been stuck for sure.

Sorry for getting so long winded.

Thanks again for the great post.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

What's BLD??
Old 03-16-2013, 09:51 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Fusco10
What's BLD??
BLD is having the computer selectively apply the brakes to simulate a limited-slip differential, to assist traction. Chrysler Blog - Jeep Brake Traction Control Explained
Old 03-17-2013, 02:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yes that is BLD and it sucks. How to we turn it off?
Old 03-17-2013, 04:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

So it's better with it off??? And why
Old 03-17-2013, 05:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Can I put lockers on my jeep if I have BDS. Cause I would rather have lockers???
Old 03-17-2013, 05:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

BLD my bad!
Old 03-19-2013, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes you want lockers. And no you don't want BLD.

Quick Reply: Another ESP kill switch tutorial, with 23 photos, 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport JK