Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Backseat Platform Complete!! Dogs Love It!!

Old 03-01-2008, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Backseat Platform Complete!! Dogs Love It!!

Well, I have been thinking about making something to cover the hole left when you put the backseat down so my dogs wouldn't break a leg back there and to protect my backseats from my dogs. I have a 4 door and haven't even seen the back of a 2 door, so I'm not sure if this will work for a 2 door or not. So, I measured out a template and made it out of cardboard.

After cutting out the template, I traced it on my piece of plywood. If I were buying, I would have bought particle board, but I had a scrap piece of plywood for free, so I used it. I didn't take any pics of the tracing or cutting process, but if you are making one, you understand how to cut it out. I had to use a table saw and a jigsaw. First I cut the straight sides and then I cut out the pieces for the headrests and the wheel wells. I wasn't very good at taking pics because I was in a hurry, so here is what I have.

I carpeted both sides and then here are the installed pics.

I didn't do the greatest on this picture of the measurements, but it's the best I could do.

Old 03-01-2008, 02:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's pretty kool. That should help lots at protecting the seat backs.
Old 03-01-2008, 03:00 PM
JK Newbie

Default I was pretty impressed

Yeah, I really didn't know how this would turn out when I started, but it's actually really sturdy and looks really good evern though my carpet is gray and I had to settle for black to cover them with. I also forgot to mention where I cut to make the 2 pieces. With the dimensions I gave, you have to cut 19 1/2" from the drivers side to make it 2 pieces. You could just as well leave it one piece.

Quick Reply: Backseat Platform Complete!! Dogs Love It!!