Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Better Back Up Lighting.

Old 01-29-2012, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Freaking love it
Old 01-29-2012, 04:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default reverse lights

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Driving-Light-Kit/16680059

here is a link to the lights at wal-mart

UPDATE....JUST GOT FINISHED WITH THE INSTALL........ONLY TOOK ABOUT AN HOUR............A HUGE IMPROVEMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by BigRedRubi; 01-29-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome write-up, great idea. Modifications like this that are so inconspicious yet have such a big effect are the best.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:36 PM
JK Newbie

Nice mod...
Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did this tonight & wow its amazing i have 5% tint on my front windows & i couldnt really see anything with my oem reverse lights now i can see everything behind me no problem. The only thing is with my lights the reverse light had 3 wire coming out of it i contacted Weezerpiebald & was informed that the 2 black wire just stay connected. So thats what i did & it works perfect.

Old 02-12-2012, 04:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Murder¹
Did this tonight & wow its amazing i have 5% tint on my front windows & i couldnt really see anything with my oem reverse lights now i can see everything behind me no problem. The only thing is with my lights the reverse light had 3 wire coming out of it i contacted Weezerpiebald & was informed that the 2 black wire just stay connected. So thats what i did & it works perfect.
Looking good man ! Glad it worked out ! Great little mod
Old 02-13-2012, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Did this this afternoon, had to mow the lawns first, looks great and was quite easy.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great write up. I like the concealed appearance as long as no one has had heat issues. Thinking about making a contestant on switch for rear of vehicle lighting use. Thanks.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by In2rsq1
Great write up. I like the concealed appearance as long as no one has had heat issues. Thinking about making a contestant on switch for rear of vehicle lighting use. Thanks.
Constant. Darn auto correct.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Murder¹
What was the other black wire connected to? Was it in the harness or the accessory light?

Originally Posted by In2rsq1
Keep us updated if you do add the switch.

I am torn between adding a 4" round LED light to the rear bumper and doing this.. The LED would be powered as this is, from the reverse circuitry, but also with a switch for constant on. I would use a DPDT switch with one throw to be the normal functions of lights on with reverse and the other throw to be constant on. The LEDs would alleviate the heat concerns if there are any with the WMart lights...

Quick Reply: Better Back Up Lighting.