Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

On board water/shower

Old 07-21-2013, 02:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default On board water/shower

After reading another forum members install I decided to tweak it to my needs. Photos to follow later in the week. I did find a takeoff bumper to modify while on a pair of saw horses which gave me the kick in the pants to do this mod. I made it very simple, 8 ft of 3/8 clear reinforced tubing, a kitchen sink spray nozzle, a couple of barbed fittings w hose clamps, a small RV water pump that does 1 gal per minute with a built in pressure switch/ cut off. It really doesn't get much easier.
Old 07-21-2013, 03:03 PM
JK Super Freak

Seen a YouTube video where a guy utilized his rear factory bumper to hold 7 gallons . Can't wait to see your version. (subscribed)
Old 07-29-2013, 08:03 PM
JK Super Freak

So.... Done yet? I wanna do this soon
Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check some of the Expedition Forums for some good write ups and ideas.. There's a pretty simple little heat exchanger unit that you can splice into your heater hoses that will heat the water about 30 degrees over ambient to get you a Hot Shower..

EDIT:
This is the one I was thinking of.. Only problem is it's one of those hard to get in the US, Aussie items..
http://www.bushranger.com.au/hot_water_shower.php

Last edited by TokenMSJ; 07-29-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TokenMSJ
Check some of the Expedition Forums for some good write ups and ideas.. There's a pretty simple little heat exchanger unit that you can splice into your heater hoses that will heat the water about 30 degrees over ambient to get you a Hot Shower..

EDIT:
This is the one I was thinking of.. Only problem is it's one of those hard to get in the US, Aussie items..
Hot Water Shower - Bushranger 4X4 Gear
I installed an on board hot water system on my JKU last winter using a brazed plate heat exchanger plumbed into the engine coolant. It works very well but it was a little involved and time consuming, at least for me. Any way there are lots of sources of small heat exchangers, try Googling or EBay search for brazed plate heat exchanger. I've got pictures and a write up on my install, just haven't gotten around to posting yet.

For any add on water system remember to consider freeze protection.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Woody, can't wait to see this.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:17 PM
JK Newbie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LieBQ_q7mQI&feature=youtube_gdata_player Just threw mine together :-)

Sent from my worthless rechargeable walkie talkie typewriter thingy

Quick Reply: On board water/shower