Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Boston accoustics speaker upgrade

Old 03-11-2012, 04:14 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RR467
This is something I'd like to do, but I can't seem to find speakers with that part number online. When I check mopars site all I get are kicker speakers. Where did you find your set of speakers?
You can get them from the dealership cheap.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blade

The part number is 5081670AB.
This part number works for front and sound bar speakers?
Old 03-12-2012, 04:34 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by B.S.
This part number works for front and sound bar speakers?
Yes the same part number for all 4 speakers. The part number is 1 speaker.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:03 AM
JK Newbie

You can get them from the dealership cheap.
Thanks, I plan to look into this
Old 03-12-2012, 10:06 AM
JK Freak

You will definatly be impressed with them. I get compliments on my sound system all the time.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

why go back to the dealer for speakers? better to go Polk, IMHO.

If you guys are getting better sound by switching out speakers of the infinity system, then I'll give it a try.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:58 PM
JK Freak

Because these are cheaper, use the factory mounting, use the factory connector, and you will be hard pressed to beat them. I think the only way to make anything sound better than these would be to build an entire amplified system, and that still might not do it. I have these, factory tweeters, and 1 Kicker Comp CVR-12 and I would love to find a Jeep that sounds anywhere near mine for even 3 times as much as I paid. So until then I can spend the money I saved on much more important things. When it comes down to it, while I'm on the trail I don't even use my Radio.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Because these are cheaper, use the factory mounting, use the factory connector, and you will be hard pressed to beat them. I think the only way to make anything sound better than these would be to build an entire amplified system, and that still might not do it. I have these, factory tweeters, and 1 Kicker Comp CVR-12 and I would love to find a Jeep that sounds anywhere near mine for even 3 times as much as I paid. So until then I can spend the money I saved on much more important things. When it comes down to it, while I'm on the trail I don't even use my Radio.
I'm wondering how these would compare to the Kicker (77KICK10) speaker upgrade. Seems like they would be about the same price. The Kickers are $70/pair and the Boston's run $35 each, or $70/pair. I'm thinking about upgrading my 2012 Infinity speakers, and like the simplicity of either of these. Any thoughts on Boston Acoustics vs the Kickers?
Thanks!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepdave
I'm wondering how these would compare to the Kicker (77KICK10) speaker upgrade. Seems like they would be about the same price. The Kickers are $70/pair and the Boston's run $35 each, or $70/pair. I'm thinking about upgrading my 2012 Infinity speakers, and like the simplicity of either of these. Any thoughts on Boston Acoustics vs the Kickers?
Thanks!
The Boston's have more range and clarity, but the Kickers seem to be a little louder. I paired mine with a 12 inch sub and I have more than enough volume and great clarity and range.
Old 03-16-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

A lot of after market speakers will fit the factory holes and from crutchfield you get the harnesses that plug into the factory plugs. The dealer speakers won't be better for cheaper.

Quick Reply: Boston accoustics speaker upgrade