Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Budget Caster Adjustment

Old 09-25-2008, 03:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKRUBI
No, it's not a muffler bearing, they're real and they're there. Did you put wheels and tires on or have someone do it? It just a little washer that will be on one of the wheel studs.

Due to no resonse, twice, I guess you are not interested in making any for anyone, dsword?

Sorry! For some reason I did not get notified of the responses to this thread....

Unfortunately, with the start of the new school year at the technical institute, I'm no longer considered a student there and for the time being, I don't have access to the waterjet equipment.

I could probably find the drawing and give you the dimensions though. All you really need is a sawzall and a drill press.
Old 09-25-2008, 03:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jpp
dsword, Do you happen to know what the new Castor angle is as a result of this mod? You said you were looking for 7deg. Did you achieve that much angle? I like this mod a lot. Cheap and effective.
I do!, I did not bring it back to the alignment shop to have it measured, but an engineer at work helped me figure it out using SolidWorks and it came out to about 6 degrees if I remember right.

Again, sorry for the slow response. Your questions from this thread were not showing up in my user/cp link. Almost like I was unsubscribed or something...
Old 10-01-2008, 09:54 AM
jpp
JK Enthusiast

Thanks man. I think I am going to make some of these myself. Once you get it dialed in to the correct angle, you can always put a weld on the washer and make it a little more permanent. Much better than the cam bolts.

Quick Reply: Budget Caster Adjustment