Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

cheap window storage

Old 06-30-2007, 02:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cheap window storage

I'm way too cheap to drop $70.00 on a window sock so I went with plan B for about $5.00. To store my windows without damage I laid them between three towels,(solid guy colors of course no flowers) starting with a towel on the bottom, and rolled, then I secured them with velcro straps I got from the Home Creepo . These specific straps are the perfect size and make it simple. I'm sure this isn't a new idea just thought I'd share with anyone who still folds their windows up and jams them into the glovebox.

Last edited by jeepthrill; 06-30-2007 at 07:22 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

That’s how I do it. Only I have really big rubber bands.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by W3CSX
That’s how I do it. Only I have really big rubber bands.
before i found the straps i used small bungee cords, they worked ok but i was affraid the constant tension was going to start to leave marks or wrinkle the plastic.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

I did something similar but I used soft hospital draw pads. Same way I layered them but then i took one of those pop out chairs and come in a bag. The bag is perfect size once the windows are rolled. I works great. I too am cheap and don't want to spend the money.
Andrew
Old 07-01-2007, 08:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
I did something similar but I used soft hospital draw pads. Same way I layered them but then i took one of those pop out chairs and come in a bag. The bag is perfect size once the windows are rolled. I works great. I too am cheap and don't want to spend the money.
Andrew
Good call, window storage and a folding chair for emergency tailgating all for under $20.00

Quick Reply: cheap window storage