Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Converted my Change pocket into wireless charging dock

Old 11-27-2018, 07:13 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,819 Likes on 1,589 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
The pictures aren't showing dang it!
That's odd. I see them just fine (and did at the time of the posts as well).
Old 11-27-2018, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
That's odd. I see them just fine (and did at the time of the posts as well).
Well dang. My browser isn't showing the pictures... other threads on the forum show just fine... hrm...
Old 12-02-2018, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

A couple update observations with the newer wireless QC setup now that I've been using it for a couple weeks.

1st the positive. I often stream audio via Stitcher and iHeart Radio apps from my phone and connected to my radio through Bluetooth. With my previous standard charging setup, my battery would maintain it's charge and maybe go up about 2-5% by the time I reached home/work on my daily commute. With the Quick Charge setup, my phone battery now charges while streaming audio. My typical daily drive to work is 30-45 minutes. My general observation has been that if my phone battery is at a 50% charge, it will be close to 85-95% by the time I reach home/work with the wireless QC setup. This is what I was hoping to achieve. If I was using navigation on my phone along with streaming audio with my previous wireless standard charge, my battery was losing charge. Now it gains charge under the same conditions, but obviously not at the same rate as without navigation routing active.

Now the negative. With the angle of the newer pad, although the pad has a non slip rubber surface, there is not enough weight of the phone holding it in place, and my phone will fly into my passenger floor mat area anytime I take a sharp/hard left turn where I did not get that with the previous pad when the phone was laying flat. For sharp/hard right hand turns, the phone will slide but gets stopped by my T-Case shifter knob. I'm considering finding a laying flat quick charging base, or putting a small piece of velcro on the base and my phone to hold it in place. My phone doesn't slide often, just under the hard and sharp turns, so it shouldn't take that much additional adhesion to hold it in place.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:46 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by jedg
The pictures aren't showing dang it!
Check to see if it works now. I had problems with formatting with one of the pics and have since resized it. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, since the images showed on multiple PCs I visit with.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Received 114 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Check to see if it works now. I had problems with formatting with one of the pics and have since resized it. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, since the images showed on multiple PCs I visit with.
Must be my computer (work machine) filtering them for some reason.

Quick Reply: Converted my Change pocket into wireless charging dock