Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Door Hanger Idea

Old 02-11-2013, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door Hanger Idea

I was dreaming of warm weather today, and was thinking of a door hanger idea that would suit me. Seems like everything I've seen has been hanging the door thru the top of the windows.

Has anyone purchased the actual female hinge that the doors sit on while on the jeep, screwed them into piece of wood (so they are perpendicular with the wall, as they are on the jeep), then put that piece of wood on a stud in their grange? I'm thinking this would be a solution to people with fears of bending the door frame by leaving them hanging for a period of time. Might look pretty slick too!

Im thinking one could even take an appropriate sized eye bolt and line it up with the door locking device that's used to keep the door closed on the jeep, and have the doors stabilized closed on your wall.

What do you think those hinges would cost OEM? Couldn't be much.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JusticeForAll
I was dreaming of warm weather today, and was thinking of a door hanger idea that would suit me. Seems like everything I've seen has been hanging the door thru the top of the windows.

Has anyone purchased the actual female hinge that the doors sit on while on the jeep, screwed them into piece of wood (so they are perpendicular with the wall, as they are on the jeep), then put that piece of wood on a stud in their grange? I'm thinking this would be a solution to people with fears of bending the door frame by leaving them hanging for a period of time. Might look pretty slick too!

Im thinking one could even take an appropriate sized eye bolt and line it up with the door locking device that's used to keep the door closed on the jeep, and have the doors stabilized closed on your wall.

What do you think those hinges would cost OEM? Couldn't be much.
Here you go. http://http://www.aceengineeringandfab.com/ACE-JK-2-Door-Hangers_p_37.html
Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Damnit. I could have made millions.
Old 02-15-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Now thats funny. There was a guy on here that made a rack similar to a coat hanger that used same idea. Large post with x at bottom and slots for all 4 doors. Looked good.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:06 AM
JK Junkie

Man they think of everything.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:16 PM
JK Newbie

I made my own along with some clamps for hanging the windows and soft top. See my youtube video at http://youtu.be/yAuJ9x79jSE
Old 04-17-2013, 03:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I picked up two bicycle hangers and hang them through the window openings.
Old 05-10-2013, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

genius! It's going to be a must have!

Quick Reply: Door Hanger Idea