Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Doorless Seatbelt rattle

Old 04-01-2018, 06:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Doorless Seatbelt rattle

Hey guys,

I am taking a Entreprenuership class at my University and we have to take an idea we have, get validation, and then begin to start working on our company. Something that has always bugged me when I'm riding doorless is my seatbelts flap around like crazy. I have a 2 door JK and I have spoke to other people who have the same issue. Does anybody else have this issue? If so how do you stop the flapping? Would you pay for a product that would stop the seat belt flapping? and What year and model Jeep do you own?

I appreciate all the feedback!!
Old 04-01-2018, 07:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 17JKU and $25
The following users liked this post:
blackbettyjk (04-02-2018)
Old 04-02-2018, 02:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

The fake sheepskin seat belt pads on the lower part of the belt (between the seat and doorframe) works for the flapping. Costs like $4 at your local discount department store.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Be careful with this. I started a similar topic years ago and was banned over it.....even after stating it was purely hypothetical and that there would be no actual production.
Old 04-02-2018, 06:15 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,588 Posts

I have a 2013 JKU and am doorless a lot. the rears don't bother me cuz I don't see/hear them, but I do hate looking over and seeing the front passenger belt half extended due to the force of the wind. I wish there was some good/simple clip on the b-pillar that could hold em it in place, but not something I'd pay much for. Maybe the rears on the 2dr bang around more due to the different bend in the rear rollbar??
Old 04-02-2018, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
I have a 2013 JKU and am doorless a lot. the rears don't bother me cuz I don't see/hear them, but I do hate looking over and seeing the front passenger belt half extended due to the force of the wind. I wish there was some good/simple clip on the b-pillar that could hold em it in place, but not something I'd pay much for. Maybe the rears on the 2dr bang around more due to the different bend in the rear rollbar??
I知 thinking something similar to the oem plastic that would cover the vertical part of the seatbelt and doesn稚 get in the way of the adjustable head. I知 not sure what it would cost to produce because it hypothetical for my class but I知 hoping to pursue it after
Old 04-02-2018, 07:23 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Originally Posted by blackbettyjk

I知 thinking something similar to the oem plastic that would cover the vertical part of the seatbelt and doesn稚 get in the way of the adjustable head. I知 not sure what it would cost to produce because it hypothetical for my class but I知 hoping to pursue it after
This isn't gonna help you.....I could probably just use a binder clip and attached the part of the front belt that gets caught in the wind to the b-pillar molding where it comes up and out of the tensioner (where' the slit it passes up and through the molding to the adjuster lever is.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I just slipped some velcro straps behind the plastic. I put the loop side towards the belt so it would slide without abrasion.

I used the same velcro straps to tie the rear belts to the roll bar:

I got the idea from reading the various solutions people on the forum had come up with. Not sure if it would be a big seller...
blackbettyjk (04-03-2018)
Old 04-03-2018, 07:57 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

dang Photobucket rears its ugly head again.
Old 04-03-2018, 09:25 AM
JK Newbie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
dang Photobucket rears its ugly head again.
a website that should be taken out and shot

Quick Reply: Doorless Seatbelt rattle