Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Dynomax Rock Crawler Exhaust Install/Write up

Old 10-31-2011, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there any way to dump the exhaust before the back axle?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

how is the power down low?
Old 11-07-2011, 06:42 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WillMooseJaw
Is there any way to dump the exhaust before the back axle?
Check this link out.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...nstalled-VIDEO

Originally Posted by KiokenJK
how is the power down low?
You should see gains throughout the whole power band, but not too sure how much yet. We are working on the 2012 system now.
Old 01-18-2012, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great Write Up and Correspondence. Thanks.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I bought this same system for my 2011 Unl. rubi; the muffler that comes with it rested directly against the frame at the front of the muffler. I could see no way to adjust it down because its close behind the stock exhaust that stays where it is. I don't mean it was close to the frame; it was firmly pushing against the frame; a solid connection.
The other problem with this kit is the muffler that comes with it is very loud and drones like crazy.
The other problem with this kit is it exits straight out the back. I know it's supposed to be "high clearance" but a slight down turn would be much better to help get the exhaust gasses away from the Jeep.
I paid a muffler shop to put a quieter muffler on and they welded it in place so it doesn't hit anything like the muffler that comes with the kit.
I also tried to contact Dynomax on their web site and never got a reply.
Save yourself some money and just have a good local muffler shop fabricate you a system or buy another system; not reccomended.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

Wink Great Write Up!!

This was a very good write-up! The instructions included didn't help to much but it was an easy install thanks to this write up. The only problem was the tip that I got does not fit. It is way to big for the tailpipe. I email Dynomax tech support to send me a new one lets see how long it takes them to get back to me.

Black 2010 JKU Sahara 6 Speed | 2.5 TF Coil Lift w/ Shocks | 35x12.5x18 Toyo Open Country M/T | Rancho Steering Stabilizer | LoD Front Stubby bumper | Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier | K&N CAI kit | Super Chip Flashpaq | Rugged Ridge Mats Front and Rear | Smittybilt Neoprene Seat Covers Front and Rear | Bestop Bikini Top | Smittybilt CRES | Cobra 75 cb w/ Firestik | Dynomax Ultraflo Rock Crawler Exhaust System | Poison Spyder Evap Skid
Old 04-02-2012, 03:06 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Often times with that tip you have to really tighten it down, a lot. FYI!

Originally Posted by mendiola21
This was a very good write-up! The instructions included didn't help to much but it was an easy install thanks to this write up. The only problem was the tip that I got does not fit. It is way to big for the tailpipe. I email Dynomax tech support to send me a new one lets see how long it takes them to get back to me.

Black 2010 JKU Sahara 6 Speed | 2.5 TF Coil Lift w/ Shocks | 35x12.5x18 Toyo Open Country M/T | Rancho Steering Stabilizer | LoD Front Stubby bumper | Smittybilt XRC Rear Bumper w/ Tire Carrier | K&N CAI kit | Super Chip Flashpaq | Rugged Ridge Mats Front and Rear | Smittybilt Neoprene Seat Covers Front and Rear | Bestop Bikini Top | Smittybilt CRES | Cobra 75 cb w/ Firestik | Dynomax Ultraflo Rock Crawler Exhaust System | Poison Spyder Evap Skid

Quick Reply: Dynomax Rock Crawler Exhaust Install/Write up