Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

HELP!!!!! Leaking doors

Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horrocks007
There are two torx bolts on each one. Just loosen them and slide them further in, so when your door shuts, it closes tighter.

Do not remove the torx bolts, just loosen them!

If you don't know, the door catch is that metal thing on the body of the jeep that "catches" the door when it closes.

My buddy has to adjust the door catches on his yj every time he puts his half doors on for the summer. It's no biggie.
Awesome! I will try this today. I will take picss and write something up and hope t works.

thanks for sharing
Old 05-06-2013, 03:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

So, how'd it work?
Old 05-06-2013, 05:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by horrocks007
So, how'd it work?
I tried it. I didn't take pics cause it started to rain. It made the doors more solid to close, but shortly aftert I got the hard top and haven't had any problems since. I even had to put the door catches back to where they were...
Old 05-09-2013, 05:35 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Fotostephen
I have a soft top, which is old, Im waiting on my hard top. When it rains on both front doors the water just pours in and I might as well have the top down. Other than putting more weather seal in, am I the only one with this issue?

Have you had this problem and fixed it? What did you do?

thanks

Attachment 449498

its not a jeep thing. They are not suppose to leak I got mine fixed under warranty. You should get yours fixed.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

my hard top fixed the problem....so my doors were not leaking but the old soft top! Stay far away from Central Florida Chrysler jeep dodge!!!!!

Quick Reply: HELP!!!!! Leaking doors