Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

HELP WANTED! Jeep JK Sub enclosure for Excessive Indistries tire carrier

Old 03-30-2017, 03:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP WANTED! Jeep JK Sub enclosure for Excessive Indistries tire carrier

Okay Y'all... I gotta have this tire carrier. Plain and simple.

With that said, I now need a sub box as my current one sits between the back seat and the tailgate. I love it and it sounds great, but it's gotta go. So, I come to you for help and brainstorming.

First off, my rear seats will obviously be "thrown out" to accommodate the carrier. With that said, I could basically put any generic box in the remaining space between the front seats and the tire carrier, but I don't like that and would like to use all the available space as efficiently as possible.

THE IDEA:
My thoughts to tackle this would be to create a box similar to the one attached. It would be angled along with the carrier, so it could essentially sit under it. Instead of the subs being forward firing, I would have them firing down and then mount my amp on the front of the box.

HONESTY TIME:
I know absolutely nothing about creating boxes, or the construction fundamentals of creating an audio enclosure. I do knowid like to coat the finished enclosure in either bedliner or something similar so it stays nice and rugged.

THE EQUIPMENT:
I'll be running two 10" Kicker Comp R subs powered by a 1000w amp. Previously had the setup in my Camaro, but I'm only running one sub in the rear of the Jeep now.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Hell, if someone felt the urge to go as far as to build one, I'd happily be wiling to pay in a few forms of payment... American dollar, cases of beer (location permitting), your choice of whisky (location/age permitting), or even my everlasting friendship (pretty good deal if you ask me! &#128514
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	img-1036.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	669346   Click image for larger version

Name:	Package-Rockville-RQJ10D-Dual-10-Jeep-Wrangler-All-Years-CJ5CJ7YJTJJK-Sub-Enclosure-With-Grade-A.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	669347  

Quick Reply: HELP WANTED! Jeep JK Sub enclosure for Excessive Indistries tire carrier