Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Home-Brew Molle Seat "cover"

Old 07-19-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best use of cheap-ass eBay MOLLE gear EVER!
Old 07-20-2010, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

This is a great idea!! What is even better is I am in the army and I have all the extra gear laying around in my garage so this will be a FREE mod for me!!! WOOOHOO!!!!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RANGER666
This is a great idea!! What is even better is I am in the army and I have all the extra gear laying around in my garage so this will be a FREE mod for me!!! WOOOHOO!!!!
Free is good!

This has worked out well for me, and I just got my Smittybilt tailgate setup today. I am going to put stuff I worry about exposing to weather or sneak thieves on the tailgate hanger since it is secured under my Tuffy deck.

Right now I am hanging my CamelBak on the passenger seat since the older milspec case for it only has molle webbing on the front and it would be a pain to refill. I want to find a better way to hang it, preferably on the molle.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah the camel back takes up a lot of your molle space, there's gotta be an easy way to mount it. I'll take a look at all my equipment and see what I can find. If I figure somethin out I'll let ya know. Or if you figure somethin out let me know lol
Old 07-22-2010, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Final setup... attached the Camelbak

The Camelbak is attached in two spots by bungie cord that came on some Maxpedition bags. I also looped the drag handle over a RolyPoly for additional support.

Also got my Smittybilt tailgate setup in the mail the other day. Now it carries first aid supplies (left) and recovery gear (right). It fits perfectly under the Tuffy deck and is secure...

Old 07-22-2010, 10:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How's it all holdin' up Preacher?
Old 07-28-2010, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ClaytonT
How's it all holdin' up Preacher?
Great! I am very happy with how it all came out and the home-made one isn't sagging at all.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Thumbs up Quick Quesitons

This mod is freakin' AWESOME!!! Thanks for the write up. Couple of quick questions:
  • First Aid bag - what are the basics that you are carrying in it and do you have anything specific or unique you like to carry (e.g. splints, air casts, meds)?
  • Smittybuilt on the rear gate - how is that attached (looks like snaps)? Quick/painless install?
  • Smittybuilt on the rear gate - How much? Does it come in other colors? (just realized that this question made me sound like such a chick!!)

Thanks for the insight and again...GREAT write up!!
Old 08-07-2010, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Preacher, I finally got around to seeing my version through. Went from scratch. I liked your idea of quick detach, so I kept the straps long enough to double as an uncomfortable backpack if need be.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MOLLE Seat Back..jpg
Views:	3035
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	80552
Old 01-01-2011, 02:48 PM
JK Newbie

Nice!

Quick Reply: Home-Brew Molle Seat "cover"