Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

Hothead Headliners review

Old 12-11-2016, 08:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to add that these headliners are awesome. After installing them and using them for a while now I can say it really helps out with the internal heat in the summer. I definitely noticed a difference in road/wind noise as well. I installed the headliners and the rear window surrounds. I really like the results. Looks good and the fit is perfect.

On top of all that, Mark gives great customer service. Top notch. Thanks Mark!

I want to do the sound deadner on the floor now as well.

Be well.

Mike
Old 12-12-2016, 09:16 AM
JK Newbie

I know 3M adhesives are extremely good, but how well would those hold up in the Arizona summer heat of 120+ degrees at times? It sounds like everyone is happy with the fit and function, so the high temp is my only real concern.

Thanks.

/salute
Old 12-16-2016, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Ive been debating for some time now if i should get them, Our heat in the summer is terrible and i dont want to start the summer without em... might have to bite the bullet
Old 12-16-2016, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

The headliners are awesome. I had an early set that curled due to the backing material, and they were replaced with new ones. I've had the new ones for about 4 years now and they're still perfectly flat. There is one edge that is starting to come loose. They used the aircraft tape on mine.

I've always garaged mine - except up until 3 years ago when I worked during the day in Southern California. Now I live in 100-115F summer heat with a garage that's not air conditioned and it gets hot.

It is my daily driver, but I've been retired for 3 years so that's not much!
Old 01-29-2017, 06:07 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PHANTZM
I know 3M adhesives are extremely good, but how well would those hold up in the Arizona summer heat of 120+ degrees at times? It sounds like everyone is happy with the fit and function, so the high temp is my only real concern.

Thanks.

/salute
The 3M VHB tape we use have a long term temperature rating of of 250 F. We have 1000s of these up in AZ, TX, NV, FL with very little issues. If you ever do have an issue just contact us and we will fix it to your satisfaction.

regards,

Mark
Old 01-29-2017, 07:54 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by mcambrose
The 3M VHB tape we use have a long term temperature rating of of 250 F. We have 1000s of these up in AZ, TX, NV, FL with very little issues. If you ever do have an issue just contact us and we will fix it to your satisfaction. regards, Mark
I am in Arizona and mine have held up great for years.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Anyone doing anything else to hold the panels to the hardtop? I had the 3m tape that came with it, after that failed on the rear board i have completely removed it and used to strong velcro that underside of the hardtop couldn't withstand the heat either. I have since moved to locktite power grip ultimate caulkwith the velcro that attaches to the roof but the adhesive on the velcro keeps failing. Might try to bypass the velcro and go for permanent/try gorilla glue/epoxy....
Old 06-19-2017, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by SullivanM08
Anyone doing anything else to hold the panels to the hardtop? I had the 3m tape that came with it, after that failed on the rear board i have completely removed it and used to strong velcro that underside of the hardtop couldn't withstand the heat either. I have since moved to locktite power grip ultimate caulkwith the velcro that attaches to the roof but the adhesive on the velcro keeps failing. Might try to bypass the velcro and go for permanent/try gorilla glue/epoxy....
Let me know what you figure out. I'm having something strange going on with the rear panel velcro. I got the velcro instead of the perma 3M tape HH liners. So get this. My glue side of my velcro strips are securely attached to the roof and the panel. My problem is that the Velcro just doesn't seem to stick together as securely as it used to. So I stick the panel up there via the hook/loop velcro strips, and after 30 minutes of driving, the panel falls down.

Mark reached out to me last fall to help me fix the problem, but then winter hit and I didn't feel like working on it, in the cold. So I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get this panel to stick up there, but I have the existing velcro strips to work around. I've been thinking of putting some type of glue on the velcro to make it stick together permanently.
Old 07-02-2017, 10:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
Hotheads Representative

Default Headliners fix

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Let me know what you figure out. I'm having something strange going on with the rear panel velcro. I got the velcro instead of the perma 3M tape HH liners. So get this. My glue side of my velcro strips are securely attached to the roof and the panel. My problem is that the Velcro just doesn't seem to stick together as securely as it used to. So I stick the panel up there via the hook/loop velcro strips, and after 30 minutes of driving, the panel falls down.

Mark reached out to me last fall to help me fix the problem, but then winter hit and I didn't feel like working on it, in the cold. So I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get this panel to stick up there, but I have the existing velcro strips to work around. I've been thinking of putting some type of glue on the velcro to make it stick together permanently.
I'm sorry that your'e having any issue with your rear panel. If you get a hold of me I will fix it. I personally would not use guerrilla glue or epoxy on my hard top.
Call or email: 714-872-2071 or hotheadheadliners@gmail.com

regards,

Mark
Old 07-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 206 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by mcambrose
I'm sorry that your'e having any issue with your rear panel. If you get a hold of me I will fix it. I personally would not use guerrilla glue or epoxy on my hard top.
Call or email: 714-872-2071 or hotheadheadliners@gmail.com

regards,

Mark
Thanks Mark!!!

Email sent with a couple pics. It's summer now and taking care of this is currently on my tudo list. Would be great to hear your recommendations.

Quick Reply: Hothead Headliners review