Notices
JK Write-Ups Bulletin board forum regarding useful installation write-ups, budget fixes and homemade solutions for the Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X).

How to Paint Artec Inner Fenders

Old 02-08-2019, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up How to Paint Artec Inner Fenders

I made this post hoping to help anyone who is doing a custom paint job on their Artec Industries Inner Fenders for the JKU. I really love these fenders and I'm happy with how they turned out. After a year of abuse, the paint has held up well and doesn't have a single chip. This can be used on any aluminum fender. Here is my write up: https://jeepinthewest.com/2019/02/06...inner-fenders/
Old 04-06-2019, 11:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I like the write up and use the exact same stuff whenever I'm "painting" (really truck bed lining) parts. I opted to just keep mine aluminum as I like the look.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:42 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

While I'm not crazy about the redirects, I get it.the only thing I'd add is that you should be doing another cleaning after sanding.

I painted my Genright rear bumper in the short version- self etch primer then bedliner- and it's held up well. I wish I had used a regular paint because the bedliner was tough to keep clean. I solved that problem by painting over the bedliner for a few years now to where it has a smoother finish. The bumper got 3-4 really solid coats of primer and I very rarely hang on a rock long enough to break all the way through to bare metal.

Quick Reply: How to Paint Artec Inner Fenders